+ Reply to Thread

Phone with BT that will synch with Outlook?

1. Are there any phones (non smart phones or PDA phones) for Verizon that have the following:

- BlueTooth
    - Ability to synch phone book with Outlook

Thanks.

Re: Phone with BT that will synch with Outlook?

Originally posted by mediamike
    1. Are there any phones (non smart phones or PDA phones) for Verizon that have the following:

- BlueTooth
    - Ability to synch phone book with Outlook

Thanks.
    Yeah the Samsung i730 Pocket PC version.
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Hey equus, he asked for non smart/pdaphone.

The Mot e815 supposedly can do it.

From the VZW website

*The E815 supports Bluetooth Profiles for wireless headsets, hands-free accessories. Phonebook/datebook synchronization with optional Motorola Phone Tools. It does not support all object exchange (OBEX) profiles. Accessories and Phone Book Tool sold separately. See Bluetooth for details.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

All my PDA phones are "smart'.........cause I dont believe there are any non-smart PDA phones????? Treo 650, i730, XV6600, all these are "smart-phones" in VZW line-up........right?
    Non-Smart would be V710 or the E815 as you mentioned. Cause he asked non-smart phones OR PDA phones..........
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Ah I see how you read it. Well then I agree with you, get the i730 or XV6600(if you want a camera) or treo 650 if you like palm - if he meant "OR PDA phones."

The V710 needed a cable and special software to sync anything. Bluetooth only did headset/handsfree and dialup modem. That's why I suggested the e815.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

I actually meant just a phone without Windows Mobile or PALM installed. Just a phone with BT for a wireless headset and the ability to synch all of my contacts from Outlook. I checked the Verizon website and the e815 mentioned synching contacts, though it does not specify "Outlook."

Thanks guys for your help.

You are sooooooooo right! This Jawbreakeris truly addictive! I'm so addicted that when I close my eyes I see colored balls and woke up this morning with all these amazing blocks to pop!

I am curious abou this too. Can the e815 sync with Outlook contacts and calendar. I am looking for a solution for my wife that needs reminders, but does not want a PDA phone.

Originally posted by rochurch
    I am curious abou this too. Can the e815 sync with Outlook contacts and calendar. I am looking for a solution for my wife that needs reminders, but does not want a PDA phone.
    It does sync IF you buy the optional Motorola Data Kit. Gets a little pricey too. get her the new LG VX9800.-, its a very pricey device though. Yet the e815 is a sweet device, compact for women to put it in the purse and also use a BT headset IF they like it. BT pairs very easy and no sound problems with it at all. Stable phone and battery life is good too. She might like that form and factor of a flip-phone versus the LG design.

Originally posted by rochurch
    Full link here for more details..........e815