+ Reply to Thread

Curious to know: what phone are we using?

As some of us are from the SPS days, or even before that time on qcp6035.com, and lord knows how many phones have been purchased by Robert K, EvilHomer, and Harley combined, let alone the rest of us, I'm curious to know what phone(s) are we all using these days, and how many of us are still converged. I'll start off:

Current phone: SE P910a
    Phone OS: Symbian UIQ
    Converged: Yes and no. My company's Notes installation doesn't sync properly with the P910a, so I sync to a T5 and bring it all together on my home PC under Outlook (ack ptoie).

So how about the rest of you out there?

I am currently converged, using the HP iPAQ hw6515. It seems to be a great compromise (when I am unconverged, I use an iPAQ hx4700 w/VGA screen and a Motorola V3 RAZR) but so far it is reliable and even though it doesn't have WiFi, EDGE speeds make up a lot of the difference. Phone OS: Windows Mobile 2003SE, 240x240 screen.
    John

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Currently, a Sprint Treo 650. Prior to that a Kyocera 7135.
    Michael

I still have my Kyocera 7135, but it is acting up a bit more lately so I suspect there will be a 650 in my near future.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Samsung x427m, cheap cause I am as well
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

i700, Audiovox 4100, XV6600, Kyo 7135 and i730..........
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Currently converge-ED. Kyo 7135... Same/original phone for 2.5 years now, with no problems woo hoo! And yes I still have my MOU, the bastages!
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Samsung i730--converged!

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Audiovox PPC6600 on Sprint PCS. I am converged, but I don't get out of the office that much these days so I generally only use it for email and browsing when I'm on a rare trip. I do use the PIM functions heavily and sync it by cradle with my laptop and company Notes system.
    Mike - Been Converged?

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Motorola T720C flip and a Palm M105.
    I wanted a Samsung i730, but not without a camera. I am waiting on the next PPC with a camera. (PPC 6700, Apache, maybe HTC Universal.)
    Mark

Re: cell phone faceplate

Originally posted by luo918469
    I have two factorys in china ,one produce mobile phone faceplate,one produce phone case .please you have a look at these pictures or visit our website: www.tuohong.com . or contact me msn: luo918469@hotmail.com .
    our company specializes in manufacture and designing of phone faceplates and leather case refering to nokia ,motorola, samsung, lg , siemens ,cyocera, ericsson, audiovox etc all famous brands in world..
    We have a highly qualified and experienced management team which will satisfy all your business needs.80% our products export to America and EUROPE from 2000 years on when our company was founded..,so we could guarantee that we will offer you the best quality and the lowest price .
    pls you visit our website:www.tuohong.com
    i have nore than 200 moulds and thousands of designs for you choice .
    oversea manager: james luo
    shenzhen tuohong communication inc
    msn:luo918469@hotmail.com
    tel:86-769-5165646
    fax:86-769-5165691

the motorola design factory price only is 0.5
    Lets see, before you start posting spam like this........it would be so awesome if you did spell-check first and then learn Grammar and then learn ESL and then sell these cheap products at the Flea Market in Tasmania...........jeez, where do you people come off spamming here!!!!!!!! So your company has been in business for the past 2000 years? Wow, what cell phone technology did y'all have back then? was it CDMA, GSM or good-ole tin cans? So can I be your ONLY distributor for the entire North American Continent? I speak Mandarin fluently. My wife just brought home some Mandarin oranges which gives me the right to speak Mandarin..........besides it gives me an awful heartburn..........Can I call you collect on those phone numbers? its SC's turn from here.........
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Unhappy iPaq he6515 OS Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by jpmihalk
    I am currently converged, using the HP iPAQ hw6515. It seems to be a great compromise (when I am unconverged, I use an iPAQ hx4700 w/VGA screen and a Motorola V3 RAZR) but so far it is reliable and even though it doesn't have WiFi, EDGE speeds make up a lot of the difference. Phone OS: Windows Mobile 2003SE, 240x240 screen.
    JP - I may have been taken for a ride when I purchased my hw6515 late last year. HP didn't mention that the PDA OS could not be upgraded to Win2005. I came across a discussion that you can go around this shortcoming by borrowing an idea from xDA developer! Do you have any idea? Thanks

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Update from my previous posting in this thread .... now I have a Sprint Treo 700p.
    Michael

I still have my trusty I500.
    Nicky

PPC6700 for day to day use.

Treo 650 as a backup.

Will probably get the cool little Motorola Sprint just released to have as a weekend phone
    Bryan

"I'm not going anywhere NEAR that sabertooth snatch of yours." - Dr. Christian Troy

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANGPC
    JP - I may have been taken for a ride when I purchased my hw6515 late last year. HP didn't mention that the PDA OS could not be upgraded to Win2005. I came across a discussion that you can go around this shortcoming by borrowing an idea from xDA developer! Do you have any idea? Thanks
    HP did have a posting on their website late last year detailing hich models of PDAs would be upgradeable to WM5 and the hw6500 series was not among them.

Hp has just released the hw6900 series which is the follow-on to the hw6500 series and has WM5 and also WiFi, but loses the SD slot in favor of the mini-SD slot only.
    John

XV-6700 (dying) Sammy i730 (alive) jady's Avatar
    Hey everyone, 1st post here. I currently unconverged with an LG vx9800 and a Palm Zire72 but funds willing I will soon be converged with a xv6700.