+ Reply to Thread

omg, gotta see this, i cant help myself. lmao

dETOXICATED ... n iRATED ...

They should be hung up and shot in those new clothes and shoes!

I have children. If we were there, the government had not come with supplies, and we are starving, had no clothes, no medicine, we would be in that WalMart taking what we needed to survive.

The officers looked like they were looking for clothing, shoes, things of that sort. If the government is going to sit on their thumbs for several days and think about what needs to be done, expect those trapped w/o life's basic necessities to do that. Granted, some of the things being stolen are not necessary, but for the most part, most of us here could not fathom what they were going through, and therefore, could not fathom what we would do in such a situation.
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

lol

food yes ... but people r dying and these cops look like they r very concerned dont they, she says shes doing her job .. she says im lookin for looters, then tells the cnn guy hes a looter ... adds new meaning to the words protect and serve ... so u can hardly justify 3 cops walking around doin that when poeple need their help, maybe we can get them transfered to your town ... whats ur address

and btw, i have 3 children who ive had custody of since they where 2,4,6 who r now 20,22,24 .. also i have custody of my downs syndrome brother who is 42 since my mother passed away in february, so save yur preachin for someone who needs it and read the writing on the wall!
    Last edited by rEEFERmADNESS; 09-08-2005 at 07:57 AM.
    dETOXICATED ... n iRATED ...

Originally posted by Obadiah
    I have children. If we were there, the government had not come with supplies, and we are starving, had no clothes, no medicine, we would be in that WalMart taking what we needed to survive.

The officers looked like they were looking for clothing, shoes, things of that sort. If the government is going to sit on their thumbs for several days and think about what needs to be done, expect those trapped w/o life's basic necessities to do that. Granted, some of the things being stolen are not necessary, but for the most part, most of us here could not fathom what they were going through, and therefore, could not fathom what we would do in such a situation.
    Food and water I can understand....the tv's, music etc..nope

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Stealing is stealing. Anyone who was truly looking for basic living needs... food, shelter, clothing... wouldn't be wondering around in an unmanned Walmart with a shopping basket like they are out for a Sunday afternoon shopping excursion. None of these people looked like they were suffering. They looked like they were stealing, which is what they were doing. They are actually hurting the overall cause, because the rest of the nation will see this and be LESS inclined to reach out and try to help the ones that really do need help.

What kind of adults are those kids going to grow up to be? Would you want to hire them to work for you? I wouldn't. I wouldn't be able to trust them not to steal from me.

If they are really cops, then they should be fired at a minimum. I would guess that them showing up on CNN looting probably won't get them a good rating on their next job performance appraisal.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Originally posted by Convergent
    Stealing is stealing. Anyone who was truly looking for basic living needs... food, shelter, clothing... wouldn't be wondering around in an unmanned Walmart with a shopping basket like they are out for a Sunday afternoon shopping excursion. None of these people looked like they were suffering. They looked like they were stealing, which is what they were doing. They are actually hurting the overall cause, because the rest of the nation will see this and be LESS inclined to reach out and try to help the ones that really do need help.

What kind of adults are those kids going to grow up to be? Would you want to hire them to work for you? I wouldn't. I wouldn't be able to trust them not to steal from me.

If they are really cops, then they should be fired at a minimum. I would guess that them showing up on CNN looting probably won't get them a good rating on their next job performance appraisal.
    I agree. If my family is starving, then I am not going to worry about cd's , tv's etc. Whether or not you are a Walmart Fan ....they donate millions of dollars....then get their stores looted. That is just not right.

Originally posted by Obadiah
    Granted, some of the things being stolen are not necessary, but for the most part, most of us here could not fathom what they were going through, and therefore, could not fathom what we would do in such a situation.
    Like I said....
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

Just watched the video. I gotta go with Convergent on this one. As much as I want to give any benefit of the doubt to the people who are suffering from this tragedy, most of the people seen in the video are flat out stealing "stuff". The saddest thing to me is seeing the children there. They are obviously not being "trained up in the way they should go."
    Jeremiah 29:11

The police are supposed to be role models for the community. At least that's what my father, who was a career law enforcement office taught me.

This is truly a sad, sad testament to how casually people take thier professions.

Originally posted by Convergent
    Stealing is stealing. Anyone who was truly looking for basic living needs... food, shelter, clothing... wouldn't be wondering around in an unmanned Walmart with a shopping basket like they are out for a Sunday afternoon shopping excursion.
    You know its interesting what some of the news "chooses" to show or print. Did you see the reuters photos? One of them was a black kid carrying pepsi and foodstuff through the chest high water with a caption about how he had "looted" a local market of the food. Then, they printed another picture of a white couple also in chest high water and carrying foodstuffs out of a market. Their caption for this photo was about a couple taking necessities for survival. The only real difference between these photos was the color of the people, yet the caption made a HUGE distinction. How is this not racsist, someone will have to explain that one to me.

Also, about two days ago Soledad O'Brien on CNN went into some of the shops that had been looted and they went around looking at what had been taken. At the three shops that I saw the CNN crew go into (and what they pointed out) was that the food shelves and water/milk/soda case was all bare, but there were shelves full of liquor and wine. IN the huge majority of cases people were actually taking survival stuffs and that is perfectly legitimate.

What makes the biggest news are the people who go nuts and grab anything they can, but they don't appear to be the majority, but in fact, a small minority of people there.

R

Originally posted by racedog
    What makes the biggest news are the people who go nuts and grab anything they can, but they don't appear to be the majority, but in fact, a small minority of people there.

R
    What makes the news is what will sell advertising. Network news stopped being about reporting years ago....

Originally posted by WirelessGeek
    What makes the news is what will sell advertising. Network news stopped being about reporting years ago....
    Sigh! You are absolutely right. Where are people like Edward R. Murrow now when we need them more than ever.

R

race, I agree with you. Racism is perpetrated in all forms of media, purposely and not. But that video is really bad. I have no problem with people getting the stuff they really need. I mean, who are you going to pay? But going on a little shopping spree, that's another story...

Let's just agree to disagree, and pray for all of them, that they may learn something from this, as I feel we all have.

EDIT: Took out double "they", and replaced one w/"that"... hehehe.
    Last edited by Nephi; 09-10-2005 at 07:00 AM.
    Nephi

Sounds good.