+ Reply to Thread
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Anyone using a Wacom tablet?

I have been trying to get used to using a Wacom tablet today. I tried it a month or so ago and couldn't stick with it. After hearing some tips on it on a radio show, I became motivated to try it again. I have spent today on it and I'm having better luck. Just curious if anyone else is using one. I have the 6x9 Graphire version... not one of the pricey models.
    Mike - Been Converged?

I use the 8x12 tablet when I do presentations. I almost use it on a daily basis for the past three years. I love the way I can use it as a white board..........I also have the Aiptek 8000U unit also.........
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

I've been using a Tablet PC off and on (It belongs to a friend of mine) I guess its a little different when you are drawing on the screen directly but it still uses the wacom technology. I like the direct feedback I get with the tablet. I personally like it, its just expensive to get a tablet pc. Its like $2500 for the Tablet PC. For the same specs you could get a normal laptop for $1500.

I have been thinking about getting a pad like you guys for my desktop. I just haven't been able to justify that expense either.

So other than presentations and a white board, how does everyone use it?
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

I use the 14x18 to do my CAD work. I use it to draw circuit boards and use a simulator on the PC before I can get to do my software programming for automobile On-Board Engine Management Computers........
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Originally posted by equus
    I use the 14x18 to do my CAD work. I use it to draw circuit boards and use a simulator on the PC before I can get to do my software programming for automobile On-Board Engine Management Computers........
    Ah! see! see! "circuit boards", "Management Computers" SC was right, Equus is a MACHINE! The gears in the avatar, it's all starting to make sense.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Well I'm interested in learning it for Photoshop work, but the recommendation from everyone is to put the mouse away for a week and stick with it... then you'll never go back. After a day now, with the added info I got... I'm still liking it. The challenge is figuring out how to do all the things you do with a mouse that you don't think about.... especially the left/right mouse clicks and such.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Originally posted by MEG
    Ah! see! see! "circuit boards", "Management Computers" SC was right, Equus is a MACHINE! The gears in the avatar, it's all starting to make sense.

Oh boy..........me and my borg mouth . SC is so wrong, he outed me.......and I considered him my ONLY confidant here.............

Originally posted by Convergent
    Well I'm interested in learning it for Photoshop work, but the recommendation from everyone is to put the mouse away for a week and stick with it... then you'll never go back. After a day now, with the added info I got... I'm still liking it. The challenge is figuring out how to do all the things you do with a mouse that you don't think about.... especially the left/right mouse clicks and such.
    It is awesome for PhotoShop edits Mike...........touch-ups are so quick, precise, you got control over it always............you will get used to the stylus. I also use the Panasonic CF 18 Tablet PC and ONLY use the stylus and never use the touch-pad or the mouse. remember "we" are converged people and are very handy with the stylus on our "converged devices"......besides you have to keep up your reputation to the name"Convergent"...........