+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Howdy!

Howdy!

Thought we'd just pop our heads in here and say "hi"

Looks like the site is still boomin! Jimmyjoe has moved on to a Treo 650 and Jazz... well she's definitely entered the dark side... she has a non-smartphone!

Been perusing the site tonight, just scrounged up all the old smartphones in the house and we were getting ready to ebay them.... anybody feel the need to own a piece of old SPS history? LOL

Jimmyjoe & Jazz
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

Wow, talk about a Blast from the past!!

Thanks for checking in. There have been so many changes, but many of the original Smartphone folks are still here.

I can't wait to see who starts posting replies.

Be Good
    Mike

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Heya! (I'm an SPS transplant.) Welcome!
    Michael

It's the old GANG!... Long time no see... I guess the Masters have dropped by to check in on the young upstart Mikey. Us old SPS transplants remember those days with fond memories. good luck to whatever your onto now.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

We just got so busy with life that we didn't have time for SPS anymore... we had just moved to a new house, then found out baby #3 was on the way.... just not enough time to devote to the website as it demanded

Jimmyjoe & I have popped our heads in on the site occasionally, but never got around to posting anything.... life with small children is SOOO busy!

Jimmyjoe had an I700 (momentarily) couldn't stand it and returned back to his 7135.... he now, curteousy of Verizon, has a Treo 650 and is enjoying it....

I'm glad to see pdaphonehome is doing so well.... looks like we entrusted SPS into good hands.

Glad to see some of you remember us!

LOL
    --Jazz--

Boy I can relate... we had 4 kids in the span of five years... WHAT WAS I THINKING! Ages: 2.5, 4, 6, 7.5
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Hiya JimmyJoe and Jazz... Glad to see you guys are still kicking. Also glad to see you are still converged. The site hasn't really changed since the merger... a lot of the non forum pages are outdated and the site needs a refresh. We have a new skin done, but I've not had a block of time to do the migration of VB to V3 and all that goes with it. Hopefully we'll get a new look in place soon. There are a lot of the old gang still around here. Just look at the the biggest posters... and you'll see some familiar names. HotSync stops in once in a while, but I think he may have become unconverged when Kyocera checked out of the market for PDAPhones. The hottest news around here lately has been the dueling Windows Mobile devices with keyboards. Soon your Treo may go that way! I hate to think if there will be ANY Palm PDAPhones in 18 months, at the rate things are going. Hopefully the simplicity will win out for many users and we'll still have a competitive landscape. What a boring world we'd have if there were no competition for the Redmond empire. Welcome back... feel free to kick your shoes off and relax.

For those that don't have a clue what we are talking about... the heritage of PPH is that it is the merger of PDAPhoneHome (I started), SmartPhoneForums, and SmartPhoneSource (JimmyJoe and Jazz started). JimmyJoe and Jazz are married ... if you hadn't figured that out from all of this. Ironically, one of the few common denominators prior to the merger was that Marctronixx was an administrator on all three sites! PPH was the youngest of the three, but wasn't tied to one particular platform... SPF (i300) and SPS (7135). We were more heavily Pocket PC oriented, so the merger was a very beneficial move to keep the site diverse and open to different platforms. I don't recall whether SPF or SPS started first... I think they were about the same time... but they both were in action for a good year prior to PPH. So welcome back to a pioneer in the PDAPhone world!
    Mike - Been Converged?

Administrator
    ahhh JJ and all dat jazz.. how are things guys? i hope all is well with you guys..

i wish you guys would hang around more and marvel in the legacy you guys started, mikey has been a good daddy to us and has kept this house in good standing and friendly to everyone around the world. hes been a good father to us and its good to see you guys stop in when you can.