+ Reply to Thread

Thread: askmenow.com

WM Phone Dude

askmenow.com

Not sure how many have heard of it but the company askmenow.com is very cool. I read about it a few months back in PocketPC mag. Basically, you register your phone # on their website and get a phone number from them that you can call.

The website says they do not share personal information or sell it and it is free.

When you call the phone number, ask any question and the answer will be text'd to your phone.

I have used it several times when driving down the road and needing a phone number. I just call the number, leave a voice message that I need such and so phone # and viola, a few minutes later I receive a text message on my phone with the info. I have heard they will look up other info too. The example used in the magazine article was looking up the 77th element in the Periodic table during a company meeting. The person had the answer before the meeting was over. Very cool!

Keep in mind, they will not answer inappropriate questions.

Oh ok, I use this a lot http://www.foofle.com/

askmenow.com is free?

While it is in beta, it is free. Looks pretty neat--I'm going to give it a whirl.
    Jeremiah 29:11

WM Phone Dude
    I've been using it for about a year and have never paid a cent. I believe they intend to (and probably are) making revenue from referrals, kinda like advertising.

I use it and really like it beats Paying for getting a phone #. and you can ask them anything about anything.
    Lynn