+ Reply to Thread
    DroidX>Omnia>i760/30>00>ipaq+nokia JimCapraro's Avatar

Wer'e #1 (in case you haven't heard)

From the South Side, of Chicago!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wer'e #1 (in case you haven't heard)-scsox.jpg  
    The only constant is change.

Congrats!

Two Sox teams in a row? Next year's expansion team may be the Blue Sox or Green Sox...
    John

A true team of destiny...

Funny thing is, they'll re-sign Konerko, and basically be the same team next year. The so-called experts, however, will be picking them second next year behind Cleveland.

Oh well, the season is over, and now my team (The Evil Empire) is tied for first...
    Jeremiah 29:11

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Originally posted by jpmihalk
    Congrats!

Two Sox teams in a row? Next year's expansion team may be the Blue Sox or Green Sox...
    Or.... start a new team that wears one Red and one White sox.

Oh... no, neve mind. From a distance it might look like the Pink Sox.
    Mike - Been Converged?

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    The baseball "script writers" will now need to pick the next 80+ year losing team to win next year....

People are now using Ozzie G's (sp) signal to the bull pen in other situations.... "gimme the "tall" and "wide" thing" or the "short" and "thin" thing" (waving hands appropriately...)

Mark

DroidX>Omnia>i760/30>00>ipaq+nokia JimCapraro's Avatar
    Originally posted by mwfielder
    A true team of destiny...
    Aint it the truth -- a bunch of "no-name" "grinders." Each night someone different would "come through," sometimes the least likely candidate(s) would turn in the game winning performance.

I was 9 years old in 1959 when the Sox scored 11 runs to win the first game then promptly went on to lose the series to the Dodgers. Gosh, I thought that was all behind me, for Pete's sake it was 46 years ago!! But, those feeling must have been repressed somewhere really deep because last night I felt like a 9 year old again, and it the Sox taking the series felt really, really sweet.
    Last edited by JimCapraro; 10-27-2005 at 08:22 PM.
    The only constant is change.

Originally posted by JimCapraro
    Aint it the truth -- a bunch of "no-name" "grinders." Each night someone different would "come through," sometimes the least likely candidate(s) would turn in the game winning performance.

I was 9 years old in 1959 when the Sox scored 11 runs to win the first game then promptly went on to lose the series to the Dodgers. Gosh, I thought that was all behind me, for Pete's sake it was 46 years ago!! But, those feeling must have been repressed somewhere really deep because last night I felt like a 9 year old again, and it the Sox taking the series felt really, really sweet.
    I'm sure you were not alone, Jim.... It sure is nice to have your team win it all, isn't it? I've been fortunate to be a Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, and Oklahoma Sooners fan, so I've had more than my share of celebrations. But it is always a truly sweet feeling...
    Jeremiah 29:11