+ Reply to Thread

eBay warning: Richard Grasty

Use caution with PayPal seller richgrasty. I bought an Audiovox Thera from him. When I mentioned that I was unhappy with its incompatibility with a Mac, he told he was getting a shipment of Treos in which might be more to my liking. The difference in cost was $70, including shipping, on top of the $90 I had already paid him in addition to returning the Thera at my cost.

I PayPal'ed the amount to him immediately and he suddenly stopped responding. No shipment info or acknowlegement of receiving my money.

I finally used the PayPal dispute resolution and that got his attention. I received a full refund. I left negative feedback and promptly received an offer to withdraw mutual negative feedback until I received his personal email. The text of it is below:

"Yeah, you were ripped off by one of the leading sellers of cell phones on ebay,a platinum level powerseller..WHO HADN'T HAD A NEG IN OVER A MONTH WITH 100'S OF SALES.. JESUS! GET A CLUE..

I'm guessing you never put the PPC in the mail, if you did, I'll mark it return to sender.

I sent a FB withdrawal, should give you a feeling of what an unjust neg feels like. Yours will drop off my FB within a day, you'll notice it didn't affect my overall rating anyway.. the one I left for you however now makes up 1/3 of your total feedback, good luck buying on ebay with that red throne sticking out.

THANK YOU for making it so that I WILL NEVER OFFER ANYONE A BREAK AGAIN.

PS PAYPAL DIDN'T RETURN YOUR MONEY, I DID BY CLICKING THE REFUND TAB."

He brags about how his negative feedback will drop off soon, but mine might harm future transactions. I recommend against buying from this person and his store. He is preying on those who want a deal for a PDA phone.

Apparently, Rich Grasty think he "dominates" on this forum. When I told I had posted this report about him, I received the following response:

I've never heard of the guy...
    Jeremiah 29:11

I figured as much. He is all over eBay with offers of Audiovox Thera's he supposedly got as a deal from a Verizon dealer. According to the emails I received from him, Handspring Treo 600's are his newest offering. I simply urge caution when purchasing from him.

Are you brand new to ebay? only 3 buys, and this one was one of them? I am not saying you are bad here, but if you had one bad feedback, and it put you to 66%, you must be a new member, or someone who started a second account.

Ebay is a very, um, different environment. I really enjoy the place. I have sold many things in this house on ebay. From cellphones, clothing, even virtual items on diablo II, to (recently) my car! I spend a lot of time researching before purchasing. I have only had one bad experience there. The rest are 100% top notch. I am very sorry for your experience, but hopefully, it will all go better for you as your experience with it grows.
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

I was on eBay quite a bit a few years ago before I got married, both buying and selling. I signed up for a new account for my wife and I to hunt for bargains. Thanks for your wishes.