+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You guys ROCK!

Thumbs up You guys ROCK!

THANKS. My world is better because of this forum.

For several weeks I've been carefully reading the threads, FAQs, searching, re-reading...and I finally got the courage to install all the mods to make my i730 work the way I think it should. I'm not a computer expert, but after patiently reading everything, I was able to fix every single thing that I didn't like about my 730- with no help required. Now WiFi works with phone on, I have numlock, can adjust volume/vibrate with one hand, no stupid "keypad read!" screen comes up, Gmail works...life is GOOD. I almost didn't get this pdaphone because of all the complaints I read on Cnet...little did I know that virtually all of them could be fixed, now I have the near-perfect device.

Thanks to all the moderators, hackers, and expert contributors.

My advice to all the other noob's like me: read, be patient, read some more. Seek and ye shall find.

Mike

I second the "You guys rock!"

I just finished setting up the i730 as a USB modem deal, and well as the subject states.....

YOU GUYS ROCK!!! This is sweet! Especially with EVDO finally here.

Thanks again,
    Mike

Converged and Insane!

Re: You guys ROCK!

Originally posted by Mike7562
    THANKS. My world is better because of this forum.

For several weeks I've been carefully reading the threads, FAQs, searching, re-reading...and I finally got the courage to install all the mods to make my i730 work the way I think it should. I'm not a computer expert, but after patiently reading everything, I was able to fix every single thing that I didn't like about my 730- with no help required. Now WiFi works with phone on, I have numlock, can adjust volume/vibrate with one hand, no stupid "keypad read!" screen comes up, Gmail works...life is GOOD. I almost didn't get this pdaphone because of all the complaints I read on Cnet...little did I know that virtually all of them could be fixed, now I have the near-perfect device.

Thanks to all the moderators, hackers, and expert contributors.

My advice to all the other noob's like me: read, be patient, read some more. Seek and ye shall find.

Mike
    Words of wisdom and words to live by. pdaPhoneHome does rock and you can pretty much find anything if you conduct a thorough search on this site.

Mike, you have been officially given a new rank from nOOb, to SUPER nOOb EXTRAORDINAIRE!

Oh, and welcome to the forum. It's nice to meet you.
    Last edited by GLP403b; 11-01-2005 at 08:45 PM.

DroidX>Omnia>i760/30>00>ipaq+nokia JimCapraro's Avatar
    Well, Mike I think you just MRailing's day -- got (and applied) all that info by SEARCHING by your self -- hearty congratulations and Welcome aboard.
    The only constant is change.

Definitely agree here! This forum has helped me exploit the full potential of my phone and then some. I have been a long time PPC user but never thought I would be happy with a merged phone/PDA. I stand very happily corrected.

If it wasn't for this forum my phone would probably be a heap of parts on the ground by now.

Health Sciences Consulting perlmane's Avatar
    I have to agree as well. This is the best managed forum I have ever seen. The FAQ section is priceless and makes all the difference. I cannot believe this is a voluntary effort because I have seen corporate sites where people are paid to keep it useful not hold a candle to this one. For the record, I was not going to buy the i730. It was because of this forum that I did and I am soooooo glad I did. Without the forum, however, I would still be waiting for the next great thing to come along.
    Samsung Omnia- WM6.1 - VZW
    HTC TyTN II - WM6.1 - on the new at&t - and loving it!
    "Fact veracity is not based on the validity of the source, but on the last thing posted."

Thanks MRailing

I can't say that I would recommend an i730 to anyone who expected a totally capable, converged device unless they were willing to make the effort to "upgrade" their device utilizing the info provided on this forum (all indexed in an incredible FAQ).

I have been a forum lurker for all of the bleeding edge technology that I have dropped cash on over the years. I have never participated in as efficient, meaningful exchange of information, solutions and cool stuff as this forum has provided.

As with most of my experience with these forums, I'll get my device to a state of "near perfection" and then move on to the next technology/forum experience. I hope MRailing will continue his commitment for the benefit of all of the newbies buying this cool device.

Thanks Michael!
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

My thanks as well! I am sitting here in hotel in san francisco for business. Free wireless access in the hotel is great, but apparently doesnt allow vpn traffic. blech

Instead I switched over to the USB modem, and here I am with great access and full vpn functionality.

Thanks to all of you!

Thanks for the props, we ALL work hard to make this forum what it is, and even though some people don't like the extra stiff moderation at times, it keeps everything flowing here, and makes the information very on point.

I work hard at compiling the information on the forum for the FAQ so people like Mike7562 can come here, read it, and setup the phone to perfect working order.

This is the information I like to hear, and makes me want to keep volunteering to do what I am doing.

Thanks again everyone. Now get searching...

Mysterious Penguin sloppychachi's Avatar
    This is the worst forum ever. I have searched and searched yet I still can not find out which is the Original Ray's Pizza.
    Here..maybe... do you smell something fishy?

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Originally posted by sloppychachi
    This is the worst forum ever. I have searched and searched yet I still can not find out which is the Original Ray's Pizza.
    LOL....... you are such a noob!

sloppychachi, did you ever buy an i730?

Best fishes.......ah wishes

Mark

Originally posted by Mark_A_K
    LOL....... you are such a noob!

sloppychachi, did you ever buy an i730?

Best fishes.......ah wishes

Mark
    he's way too cheap to "buy" an i730.......he's waiting for VZW to raffle one on New Years Day, that has the WM5...........
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Originally posted by sloppychachi
    Original Ray's Pizza was founded in 1959 by Ralph (Raffie) Cuomo, who actually has mob connections with the Luchese crime family and is in prison now for dealing heroin out of his stores. He went there in 1998. The "Original" location founded in 1959 was on 27 Prince Street.

Now quit getting these conversations off topic...

Originally posted by mrailing
    . . .This is the information I like to hear, and makes me want to keep volunteering to do what I am doing . . .
    Now what did I tell you!!

Originally posted by mrailing
    Original Ray's Pizza was founded in 1959 by Ralph (Raffie) Cuomo, who actually has mob connections with the Luchese crime family and is in prison now for dealing heroin out of his stores. He went there in 1998. The "Original" location founded in 1959 was on 27 Prince Street.

Now quit getting these conversations off topic...

That must be the special ingredient that keeps me coming back! Of course, everyone knows the best pizza in NYC is John's Pizza on Bleeker...
    Jeremiah 29:11

Originally posted by mwfielder
    That must be the special ingredient that keeps me coming back! Of course, everyone knows the best pizza in NYC is John's Pizza on Bleeker...
    Pizza, schmeeza -- Everyone knows the best pizza this side of Italy is Palermo's on 63rds Street in Chicago.

End of discussion -- MRailing could you please add this to the FAQ and lock this thread.

Originally posted by JimCapraro
    Pizza, schmeeza -- Everyone knows the best pizza this side of Italy is Palermo's on 63rds Street in Chicago.

End of discussion -- MRailing could you please add this to the FAQ and lock this thread.
    Chicago Pizza? Come on, you guys make it into that rectangle thing and thick as a G1000. Just because you win the World Series and all doesn't mean you can claim the best pizza too....

mmmm, when's lunch?
    Jeremiah 29:11

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........Pizza............
    Ascii stupid question, get a stupid Ansi.

Let me think here...............mrailing is gonna make a FAQ out of this..............then SC is gonna order Pizza.......then JC is gonna ALSO order the "thick crust pizza"................EH is gonna fly from DFW to "where"?......then the Doc is gonna do an analysis on the Pizza for " substances" or "ingredients" that makes him famous............so are you all saying ..............CLOSE THIS TOPIC AND LOCK THIS THREAD................are y'all out of your minds?......keep this going...............geez............I wanna to get SC in trouble...............cause he DID NOT help me escape out of that frigging hospital.............it was JC who put his life on the line and got me out................so Thank You Sir JC.............. So what time is lunch?
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Now I am REALLY hungry....
    John