+ Reply to Thread

Why does sprint suck? Anyone from sprint read this board?

I have been on hold for well over an hour today trying to find out why I cant keep an EV signal...(I tried the store but they called guess who CS and left after a 45 min wait for them to wait on hold) No problems for the first 3 weeks of the phone now I cant keep an EV signal or the phone charged. Oh on top of that my data usage is getting charged to the number that my 6700 was orginally set up on which doesnt have vison...can you say $600 data charge...If I didnt have 5 lines with them so help me I would pay to break my contract and go with someone else.

I feel your pain. I've had to deal with Sprint CS nearly everyday since I ordered this phone (more than 3 weeks).

Week one - My phone order was cancelled 4 times because of a billing error.

Week two - The phone arrives, but it's not working. After about twenty minutes of waiting to be transfered to tier 2 tech support, I'm told that it's a hardware problem and needs to be addressed in the store. I asked him what if the phone needs to be replaced, and he said they'll replace it at the store. I then reminded him that none of the stores have the phone yet. He said "Oh, well give us a call back if it needs to be replaced". The next day I take it to a Sprint store and the tech manages to get the phone working. He points out that the battery contacts are damaged and I needed to fiddle with the battery to get it to power up. I'm not happy with the idea of fiddlin' with something that I should simply pop in, but at least it's working. Well, now I have working phone but no service. I try to activate my phone, and it turns out my service has been shut off because of the same billing error that delayed my order. Finally, they fix the problem and I have service. That only lasted a day before it was shut off again. At this point, I'm really pissed and threaten to return the phone and cancel service. They reactivate my phone and say they'll send a replacement in a two to three days. Over the next few days, I encounter random problems such as unable to connect to my home's wifi, unable to connect to Vision Service, but what do I care, my replacement phone is on its way.

Week three - Replacement phone still hasn't arrived. I'm not sure at this point if I should just accept that Sprint CS sucks and be happy that they offer the PPC-6700 and the best data & voice package around or should I just return the phone in protest.
    Do you want to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at realtorva@verizon.net

Let me get some facts straight.

You have first Sprint line with the 6700 but no Vision. You then setup a second line with a second phone with unlimited Vision. You then did a ESN swap between the lines. As you start using data on the second line with the 6700, your first line with the other phone is being billed for the data usage.

If this is the way it happened, you need to talk to CS to get you invoice and straighten that out. I can' imagine you are willing to stay on hold for 45 minutes rather than using those time to get your $600 back. The $600 would definitely be my highest priority since the phone is still under warranty unless you have wetted or dropped it withou Lockline.

Originally posted by aau007
    Let me get some facts straight.

You have first Sprint line with the 6700 but no Vision. You then setup a second line with a second phone with unlimited Vision. You then did a ESN swap between the lines. As you start using data on the second line with the 6700, your first line with the other phone is being billed for the data usage.

If this is the way it happened, you need to talk to CS to get you invoice and straighten that out. I can' imagine you are willing to stay on hold for 45 minutes rather than using those time to get your $600 back. The $600 would definitely be my highest priority since the phone is still under warranty unless you have wetted or dropped it withou Lockline.
    In short yes what you wrote above is correct. What I left out is that it was 2 weeks ago that I caught this and it's still not fixed as of today. They sent me to tier whatever who said everything was fine 2 weeks ago. I caught it quick enough so they added a free month of vision to the "first" line without vision so I wouldnt get charged for the data. Now 2 weeks later and they still didnt fix the issue the "first" line is still getting data usage charged to it and the phone is not even been turned on. On top of the fact that between 3 sprint stores I called today they couldnt tell me if they were EV issues in Atlanta and was told by all 3 they wouldnt know anyway becasue they are not given that information.... So with that in mind I am started to believe it could be a phone problem. I hate going into a sprint store because they are going to call freakin tech support becasue 75% of the people who work at sprint dont know anything about sprint other than the fact they sell cell phones. I dont see how companies like this survive..
    Last edited by bigblue4ever; 11-10-2005 at 03:17 PM.

I think this section at least 90% sprint users, since the 6700 isnt out for any other carrier yet
    Check out clickclickPOP! for the most breaking pocket pc news. Click. Click. POP!

If you did all that within one billing cycle, it is possible that the Sprint system has not caught up with the changes. You may be in for a long haul to get this sorted out with Sprint and have to keep asking for usage credit in the mean time.