+ Reply to Thread

Landline based treo???

I am looking for a land line based phone that would have the ability to program in names and phone numbers and then have the voice recognition software use the address book entries to dial as the Treo does now. I was with my grandmother, who is now 101 (yes, born in 1904) and can no longer effectively see to dial the phone even with the oversized number keys. If she could pick up the phone and say the name of who she wanted to contact and have the phone do the work it would be perfect. The only phones I could find on line required individual programming of the names and numbers and had very limited memories--I cannot believe that these phones are so technologically out of date. The voice recognition on the Treo as delivered from Verizon is not perfect, but does a good job. I also want her to be able to say the number one digit at a time if she does not have it programmed in as I can now do with the voice recognition software. There has to be more of a market than just the disabled for this sort of thing--I would think that executives would want to be able to sinc their office phones to their address books as one does with the Treo now.

Any help would be appriciated....

Mysterious Penguin sloppychachi's Avatar

Re: Landline based treo???

Originally posted by rolandd

Any help would be appriciated....
    http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cl...hone&scoring=p

Google voice activated phone
    Here..maybe... do you smell something fishy?

many thanks....

LOL!
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.