Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: disapointed

disapointed

im just disappointed about this whole evdo thing. i thought my phone that i purchased in august would be upgraded to a new media player and the high speed evdo access. like all of you, i have waited and waited.

i called sprint and they said no update (as they have said since august). yet i believed in the users here. i thought somehow the people here knew better and we would get one.

now i feel let down by both sprint and all of you.

i love my phone, but i want the high speed. i think its ebay time. any other 6600 users feel this way?

I don't remember telling you to get this phone... Anyone mine works great on Verizon! I also enjoy Windows Media Player 10 via the 2.04 rom I am running! And EVDO worked great last week while I was visiting Las Vegas! Its fast!

However, I am a cutting edge user, and just as I dumped my Treo 600 for the xv6600, I will be dumping the xv6600 for the xv6700 when its released...

I don't suggest anyone to do the same because I can live with beta buggy stuff, and have the experience to work around it!

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

Re: disapointed

That's what uninformed decision-making will get you every time. Got a mirror?

*Yet another useless thread centered on 'upgrading'.

Originally posted by suzy duffy
    im just disappointed about this whole evdo thing. i thought my phone that i purchased in august would be upgraded to a new media player and the high speed evdo access.
    Last edited by br549; 11-15-2005 at 09:29 AM.

looks like someone has father issues... seriously though, nobody here told you to buy the phone, and if you read, half the people think one is comming, half dont know, and nobody ACTUALLY knows when or if sprint willg et an update. its not our fault you didint switch to verizon. and fyi- im wiht cyberwulf, mine works great on verizon and i enjoy a whopping 500+ kb/s EVDO. even got 898 kb/s once on a speed test
    Support the fine arts... Shoot a Rapper!
    Phone/PDA: Audiovox XV6600

i had the option to return it when i bought it, but i believed what people in the forums were saying with the update coming. so i stayed. now i feel betrayed by sprint and the people here. i love my phone, but the high speed is a must for me. i feel like it is a old thing without it.

now i feel let down by both sprint and all of you.
    now i feel betrayed by sprint and the people here.
    FO.

There probably IS an update coming. Sell yours if you want too, but don't be mad if an update comes out right after you sell it.

UT Starcom has already confirmed that they were working on an update and were ready to give it to Sprint for testing.

dear salty, i heard that in these forums in august. not to be rude, but i heard september for the update, then october, then november. and all along my calls to sprint were in total denial of an update. i trusted all of you tho. i thought the phone is great and they will do something. now tho i have almost no hope. my sprint store no longer sells the 6600. i just see it as an older phone and a bad decision on my end.

i am not going to hack my phones rom. i just want an up to date device that allows me to surf at high speed and stream some video.

br, what is your anger about? i dont get it?

his anger is at you blaming the people on the forum for YOUR stupid choices. grow up and take responsibility for your own actions. its nobodys fault but your own that you went and bought the phone. i cant imagine anyone from the forum grabbing your wrist and forcing you to sign your name and pay for the phone...

dear salty, i heard that in these forums in august. not to be rude, but i heard september for the update, then october, then november. and all along my calls to sprint were in total denial of an update. i trusted all of you tho. i thought the phone is great and they will do something. now tho i have almost no hope. my sprint store no longer sells the 6600. i just see it as an older phone and a bad decision on my end.

i am not going to hack my phones rom. i just want an up to date device that allows me to surf at high speed and stream some video.
    I don't know who told you August, or how they expected that to happen. The EVDO service wasn't officially rolled out until November 11th. So the soonest it could have possibly been was November 11th.

And even if the 6600 isn't in stores, the 6601 is still the PDA of choice for a lot of business customers. Because a lot of business customers aren't allowed to have camera phones at work.

That's why Sprint still actively sells the 6601. And that's why it will probably be upgraded.

You don't want to wait anymore, that's cool. But don't feel stupid or get upset when the update happens within the next month.

Again, UT Starcom has already confirmed that they were working on an update for Sprint and were ready to submit it to them for testing. That's a LOT more credible than a Sprint phone rep who has no idea but are tired of speculating.

get a f%$%ing life. quit making new threads over and over. and quit making new logins PJM.
    in the end FO. move on. watch us rejoice
    mmmmm.....Sprint Mogul....!

what is pjm? from what i understand evdo high speed was out in the summer but limited to data cards. and the 6700 came out in september. they could have upgraded up at the same time.

i would love to keep my phone, but i have lost faith in the predictions made here. if they had wanted to release one i am sure there would have been some official announcement (if just to sell the remaining 6601's) or it would have been released already.

its almost december.

if you ever HAD faith in predictions on a forum, you need psychiatric help. nobody here knows for sure when anything will happen. hell, sprint doesnt even know wtf its doign half the time when you call them. go find another forum to ***** on.

Well, it's been said already but I'll chime in....it's all about research and making an educated decision. I laugh at people who posts threads like, "What phone should I get?". I don't know you...I don't know your daily routine. So my idea of what makes a great phone may be different than someone elses based on needs. The onus is on the buyer to do the research before making the decision. Whatever is the end result, you only have yourself to thank or blame. I for one have been happy with my XV6600...but I also made sure it was capable of fulfilling my needs before I shelled out the money.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

there is something wrong here. i post on numerous forums about many issues. why are all these children so beat up that i made a statment about the 6600 device? i dont get it? i am an md and use my device for records when i make rounds. i had a simple comment. shame on all you people. and ivan, whomever you are, should remove br549 forever for calling me an embecile. he should be banished from this forum forver.

Well, I don't know your full history but I think your comments are unwelcome. This is an excellent resource for folks that need assistance with various devices and for meaningful discussion relative to specific issues. These types of posts, "I'm disappointed...I hate....etc. etc." are generally considered trolling/baiting.

You're using a resource for those of us that do like and use our XV6600s. So you have to have some inkling about the response you'll get. Look at it like this; would you appreciate if I walked into your hospital ER and started telling all the waiting patients that this hospital was bad and all the doctors are quacks? It's basically the same thing...
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

calhoun, i was simply questioning their predictions of an update which have been totally unfulfileld. a forum is a place for discussion and the free flow of ideas. whether one likes them or not.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Any 'md' who doesn't understand the proper use of the word 'whom'* shouldn't be allowed to give a dog a rectal exam, embecile.

*As a matter of course, you'll sweep this under the rug (along with the pile of sh*t you've accumulated on this forum under multiple aliases) as a typo. We know better, oh-transparent-one.

i am an md and use my device for records when i make rounds. i had a simple comment.
    Last edited by br549; 11-15-2005 at 11:04 AM.

judging from her, i would say at least ONE of the docs at the hospital is a quack...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast