+ Reply to Thread
    MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?

Question Equus, How are you feeling?

I see you are posting around, but in limited capacity. How's the head feeling? It's a testament to your "inner techy" to keep contributing, given everything you have been through.

I've heard that WM5 upgrade can be murder, just ask the Dell V50 guys.

Mark

Re: Equus, How are you feeling?

Originally posted by MEG
    I see you are posting around, but in limited capacity. How's the head feeling? It's a testament to your "inner techy" to keep contributing, given everything you have been through.

I've heard that WM5 upgrade can be murder, just ask the Dell V50 guys.

Mark
    Wow, sorry about the late reply...........feeling a lot better these days. I hope to be back in full force in a couple of months. Thanks for the asking.
    YES......WM5 is not what its all hyped to be...........
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?

Re: Re: Equus, How are you feeling?

Originally posted by equus
    Wow, sorry about the late reply...........feeling a lot better these days. I hope to be back in full force in a couple of months. Thanks for the asking.
    YES......WM5 is not what its all hyped to be...........
    That's good to hear, with SC AWOL it's good to have a "regular" or is that "irregular" around....

The less than stellar reviews of WM5 was one of the considerations that help me chose the i730 with 2003SE. It seems to be a more mature installation and I may not want to upgrade to WM5 if it comes out...

Mark

WM5 may not be all that it's cracked up to be, but I think the phone app is much better and without the memory leaks of WM2003.

Glad you're feeling better, equus!
    John

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Originally posted by jpmihalk
    WM5 may not be all that it's cracked up to be, but I think the phone app is much better and without the memory leaks of WM2003.

Glad you're feeling better, equus!
    //hijack on
    Really? I've heard the dialer was better but the memory leaks seem legandary in WM5. 64MB RAM is like "15" when the phone boots up.

Have you heard different?
    //hijack off

(Is it really hijacking if it's your own thread?)

Mark

I have a PDA2k that I upgraded to WM5 and an SX66 that is still WM2003. The phone app seems to cause memory to dwindle down on the SX66 but it stays the same on the PDA2k... so I think I can rule out the phone app as the source of the memory leak. Then again, WM5 has other issues and I'm not all that comfortable with it as some of the wireless and bluetooth modules are pretty sad. WM2003 seems much more stable.
    John