Verizon made a change so that holidays are no longer off-peak minutes several months ago and of course they never SENT me any notice about it as I was using thier autopay system. When I called to find out why all my minutes, plus 45 at 45 cents a minute, had been used up in just a week into a new billing period is when I found out about this change.

Mind you, they send me 2 emails a month, one with my bill amount and another that it's been payed, but NEVER sent me a letter or EMail telling me about this change.

I'm currently on a Minutes of Use plan for internet access over my phone, so this effects me drastically since I tend to pick up extra shifts on holidays for the OT and use my cel to connect to the internet from work; something which I have been doing for over a year without using peak minutes.

When I called them about my minutes and found out about this change, all they would say is "You should have checked your bill online on their web site" where supposedly the change had been posted. But, the whole point of autopaying for me is to NOT have to deal with constantly sending off payments/go and pay monthly online; so how can they expect people to check their web site bill, unless it seems out of line, when they send your billing amount in an email.

The following is from Verizons own web site.

Our Rights To Make Changes
Your service is subject to our business policies, practices, and procedures, which we can change without notice. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WE CAN ALSO CHANGE PRICES AND ANY OTHER CONDITIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME BY SENDING YOU WRITTEN NOTICE PRIOR TO THE BILLING PERIOD IN WHICH THE CHANGES WOULD GO INTO EFFECT. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE YOUR SERVICE AFTER THAT POINT, YOU'RE ACCEPTING THE CHANGES. IF THE CHANGES HAVE A MATERIAL ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOU, HOWEVER, YOU CAN END THE AFFECTED SERVICE, WITHOUT ANY EARLY TERMINATION FEE, JUST BY CALLING US WITHIN 60 DAYS AFTER WE SEND NOTICE OF THE CHANGE.

But looking at their own contract it says they have to send WRITTEN NOTICE of change and not even a email would have sufficed for this kind of change.

I'm trying to find out if anyone got this WRITTEN notice of this change and especially if you did or do not get it if you're using thier autopay system. Please feel free email me directly at VZAutopay@Earthlink.net