+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unbelievable

Hi Everyone;

This is so frustrating I can't believe it. I'm tired of Verizons crap of crippling the phones so I call Sprint up regarding getting the 6700. I ask to have a sales person call me back and they do very promptly.

Well after we get through the pleasantries my first question is how fast is your broadband wireless service?

The sales persons response is;

Ahhh I don't know. I will have to transfer you to our tech support department.

Am I the only one who finds something wrong with this. I mean I shouldn't even have to ask. If I was a sales person with nothing to hide selling a new service like broadband the minute that word entered into the conversation I would say. Well our network is 500k a second with bursts up to 2Mb per second. We have coverage in these areas.

Not ahh gee I don't know I have to transfer you to tech support. So after one customer service rep not knowing, and then another tech support rep not knowing if you can believe that I'm still sitting here on hold. The tech support rep I spoke to stated on you want the residential dsl department. I started laughing because she had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.

If anyone has this big secret could you please let me know. Needless to say Sprint isn't looking to promising right now.

thx-1138

ps what do people think about sprint have they fixed a lot of the issues that they had early on with call quality?
    Last edited by thx-1138@v-syst; 12-09-2005 at 08:50 PM.

Thx-

I have had more fruitful and productive conversations with my toaster than I have had with Sprint CS. You're lucky that they even knew what the 6700 was (I have had couple Sprint Stores and a couple reps at Sprint deny its existance even after its consumer release.)

However, to be completely honest, I have never heard great things about most other major cell carriers. It seems that no matter where you go, you end up compromising on some aspect of your service.

Call quality is fine, broadband works great. Service reliability is very good also. BUT, when it comes to customer service, Sprint has the worst, most clueless customer service reps that you will ever encounter. I think they give IQ tests to applicants and they select those with the lowest scores.

Actually, there are a few good reps there but I will stick with my earlier claim that Sprint CSR's are the worst of any wireless company that I have ever used. I stay because the wireless quality is very good and EVDO is excellent and the price is right!

R

Yeah, I finally got some answers. Thanks for your help. I'm going to go into the store and check the phone out. I got approved for 3 lines no deposit, so like man I'm there. I've always hesitated about switching in the past because I've gotten some pretty ridiculous deposit quotes. I got one deposit quote for a $1000 bucks once and I was already a Verizon customer for years. I told them what they could do with there $1000 deposit.

Who in there right mind is going to give a wireless company $1000 deposit for a personal line; absolutely insane. Well maybe if you are a drug dealer. That's what I call those night and weekend plans. The drug dealer plans .

thx-1138

PS how do you like your 6700, Sprint doesn't cripple it do they? How much better is it then the 6600?

No WiFi cripple right? No bluetooth cripple right. All the profiles supported or at least most. Hows the sound? Is it louder than the 6600 in both, private speaker, speakphone and headset?

Read some of the threads

Originally posted by thx-1138@v-syst

PS how do you like your 6700, Sprint doesn't cripple it do they? How much better is it then the 6600?

No WiFi cripple right? No bluetooth cripple right. All the profiles supported or at least most. Hows the sound? Is it louder than the 6600 in both, private speaker, speakphone and headset?
    For answers to your questions, check the threads about these topics.

There are good and bad points about the 6700.
    PPC 6700
    1GB SD Card
    Jabra BT800

jeb
    As well of the lack of knowledge of the CSR's about EVDO & the PPC-6700 in general, it amazed me about their lack of knowledge of Bluetooth. I attempted to get help pairing Bluetooth devices from Level 2 CSR's and was told by 2 CSR's that other than possibly headsets, Bluetooth devices had not yet been developed to work with the PPC-6700. Had I accepted their "support", I would still not be using my BT GPS & BT Active Sync. I was also told that installing third party software may invalidate my warranty! Why would I purchase a Windows PPC if I cannot install other software!

Nonetheless, the EVDO technology that Sprint offers is on the leading edge. I'm sure it won't be long before everybody catches on & cut in on the bandwidth ... but for now, it makes the PPC-6700 worth my investment.

One last question. Couild you purchase the phone outright no carrier and then activate on Verizon's network; being a cdma phone?

If you could you would get the best of both worlds, uncrippled and verizon.

thx-1138

PS I was reading that Sprint they have spotty coverage in the Philadelphia burbs.

i'm in the philly burbs/Del Co. and my phone is always on EvDo w/ no problems. As far as Sprint CS, I find it more helpful to ask the chimps at the monkey house at the Philly Zoo.
    Pen and paper>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700

LOl !

I was asked by one 'intelligent sounding' CSR to take my brand new 6700 for repairs (one day old phone) so that techs could s/w refresh the phone !

All I needed was a hard reset

i330; G1000; i700; T600; T650; 6700 PtM03m45's Avatar
    Sprint is the worst....and when talking to their CSR reps assume the worst. Check your account all the time and CYA.

If they have a accent hang up and call back. From what I heard many do not speak english and only speak from a chart, not knowing what some words mean.
    Like I wanted to change my number two weeks ago and she said "what is your new address"
    I said tier 2 tech support and she said ok what town? Yes I hung right up....great for entertainment purposes though.

I agree most cellular companies are bad but Sprint is way ahead of everyone else and is the worst. I do like their service though.

Verizon was pretty good but they rip everyone off, and T Mob is good also at CSR. When I lived in Nebraska Alltell was the best service I ever had. I wish they did business in dirty jersey but they even know not to come here.
    Last edited by PtM03m45; 12-10-2005 at 02:28 PM.

Could I BE any more converged tonydiv's Avatar
    The bottom line is that if you don't call tech support and specifically ask for a 6700 tech, you won't get the right information. There are only a handfull of techs that have ANY training on this device.

Everyone I've spoken to has said the same thing: They love Sprint up into the moment they had to call Customer Service. TMobile had the best customer service IMHO.

I know why I stay with sprint on my 6700, (opposed to the same phone on verizon)I have a legacy contract with free unlimited vision, which means free 1xrtt and free evdo unlimited.

$40/month for 750minutes plus free vision? it's a no brainer.

DSY!

Thats "Damn Straight Yo!".

This is my FIRST post here after lurking for weeks...

I have the new 6700 and I am a former Jornada 720 user so I am trying to find apps and get them to work.

But after ready this, wanted to add my voice to the masses.

Sprint PHONES and EVDO is the Best.

Barr None.

Sprint Techs, CSRs and Employees are the DUMBEST MotherFrakkars on the whole of the Earth.

Hours of hold times.

Dropped calls.

And then contradictory answers or flat out LIES to get you to leave them alone.

Once other carriers "get it" on high speed... and the tech continues to drop... Sprint is TOaSt.

I know I will finally be leaving them in 2 years when this contract is up... unless my some miracle they hire humans who speak english and have greater intellect than drunks.

Truly, I echo and agree with 1000% of every complaint about them on thie thread.

They blow more goats than Osama!

You know you can rip on Sprint employees all you want but in this industry if you want good service...don't be a edited.

And yes, I work for Sprint as a Retail Communications Consultant- in a full retail store, complete with tech(s)

I worked for T-mobile (formerly voicestream) as a SR. REP in the retention dept. for 2&1/2yrs.

I also worked for Saturn as a Service Advisor/Assistant FOM

Therefore I believe I can say this:

"most of the escalated customers I deal with are escalated because they don't take responsibility for the purchase they made"

granted your going to come across some stupid CSR's/RCC's/TSR's @ Sprint but you will also find them @ T-mobile, Cingular, Verizon, and the others...

You don't buy a car without fully researching the benefits of the car for you, so why would not fully research a $150-$600 phone w/ a 2 year commitment.

Do you actually have legitimate problems? Or are you just jumping on the "I HATE SPRINT" bandwagon?

I think you'll be surprised, retail is retail folks; you compromise based on the greatest benefits to you ;']

Note from moderator: Foul language will not be tolerated on this site
    Last edited by Marty; 12-12-2005 at 12:31 PM.
    It doesn't take a GED to operate a Wireless Phone...

Hi Sprint RCC,

I think what Rachael means is that some CSR's are bad, of course it can't be all of them. Don't take it personal I'm sure you don't reflect the 75% of phone reps.

Most people in the stores are nice (most) and on the phone I have met some very sweet CSR's that truly helped me.

The only problem was I had to call at least 4 times to get a really nice helpful person.

If Sprint had responsibility during their hiring process they would screen these people out and stop worrying about drug tests. I know heroin addicts smarter than most of the Sprint Reps.

Actually Sprint does have a psychological profile test that employees have to fill out, I don't know if the phone reps have to complete it, but I know the store employees have to.

It's ashame that this CSR incompetence is a serious problem at Sprint and the merger with Nextel has hurt them even more. There is allot of bickering in corporate right now. It's just best to pray you don't need any CSR help right now.

If you look online the horror stories are absolutely scary. According to a recent study Sprint ranks as the second worst Customer Service company in the US. Wal Mart is first and Cingular is third.

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/...omer-last.html

I hope Sprint sorts this out, they have the best plans and the second best service. But by all means SprintRCC, do the best you can and make the customer happy with your service and maybe the rest of the company will catch up.

Pete

SprintRCC,

Hilarious comments, I have to hand it to you man. The one about escalated callers not taking responsibility for their purchase...priceless. Why in the world would the consumer need to take responsibility for something with Sprint's name on it being utilitized on a network with Sprint's name on it? I worked as a Voicestream CSR for two years, and the bottom line is that there was virtually NO training whatsoever. It's a typical problem with all wireless providers. We were trained on the computer system, which was basically just a glorified FAQ that they might as well have just given the public access to.

I have worked for VoiceStream and handled advertising for Airgate PCS(Sprint), and I'll tell you right now, I have been with Verizon or a company Verizon has acquired for the past 12 years. Even when I worked for those companies, I would never relinquish my Verizon overall great quality and service.

If you want to deny the fact that your employer is garbage, that's fine, but at least do the research man. You can have pride, but only if it's substantiated.

JD Power & Associates has ranked Sprint and/or Nextel last in almost every single region of the US across almost all criteria(call quality, customer service, etc...). So, what happens when you merge the two worst companies in the country?

http://consumercenter.jdpower.com/cc...less/index.asp

Ok guys, I'm not liking the tone this thread is starting to take on. However, I will give you all the benefit of the doubt and just ask to please try and keep it clean.

Re: Unbelievable

I agree with Marty in that this thread is taking a rather negative tone, but I will also agree with the Sprint Rep above that consumers need to take responsiblity for educating themselves. There ARE really bad CSR's out there - this is for any company. The solution is for YOU to become an educated consumer and learn all you can from information that is READILY available on the web and in print.

To wit:

Originally posted by thx-1138@v-syst
    Well after we get through the pleasantries my first question is how fast is your broadband wireless service?

A five second Google search turned up the following:

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...doCoverage.jsp

"Mobile Broadband Sprint PCS Connection Cards™ operate at average download speed range from 400 to 700 Kbps with peak rates up to 2 Mbps in Mobile Broadband coverage areas and at average speeds of 40-70 Kbps with peak rates up to 144 Kbps on the Sprint Nationwide PCS Network."

Coverage maps for specific zip codes are also included. Call me crazy, but having all the answers to the above questions readily available, and not using your own brain and fingers to find it smacks of being an uneducated consumer. And to that I say, you get what you pay for...

I love this thread....

Symbiotic I agree with you on the educated consumer front. I find myself quite like you; doing a ton of research before I buy something, but not every person is going to do that.

Market Research from IRI claims that only 7% of the population will research something before they buy it. In fact there is still 35% of the US population that does not have computers yet, much less any savvy for searching.

With that information lets say that you are a business owner and you have a great product. Say you have a new technology, a cellphone that is a headset.

Do you feel it is your customers responsibility to know what your selling or do you feel you need to know your product in order to sell it? Or another aspect, do you need to let people know about your new technology in order to increase customer education and eventually sales?

If you think it is the customers responsiblity to know what they are buying than file your bankrupcy papers now.

Bottom line is that if you have a product, your CSR's need to know everything about it. The training that is lacking for CSR's at companies like Sprint and Cingular is unbelievable.

Successful business owners will tell you, profits start with successful customer service. CSR's are the windows of your business, if they come off looking stupid than your business will also.

Pete