+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FM transmitter

FM transmitter

I was looking at getting a FM Transmitter for my car for Chritsmas... I found a few options (will list a few links at the bottom)

I was curious if any of you had gone this route, and what the experience was like.

The main goal is to hear my mp3s off the car sound system. I am kinda curious what quick juggling must be done when a call comes in...

ALso, with our headphone jack being a smaller diameter than a reguler stereo/ipod headphone jack.. is there an adapter I need to get, and can you point me to one?

thanks for the feedback guys

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...uct_ID=166893#

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....questid=240734

(I am looking at one that does not plug into cig lighter, as that is used by my Phone holder/charger.

You'll actually get better sound (and no problems with fm stations bleeding in) if you use a regular old casette adapter - and the jack adapters are available from ppctechs (among other places). The ones from ratshack are junk. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

my new car (a vibe) doesnt have a cassette player, alas, just a single CD player and the radio....

Step-down adapter cord

PocketPCTechs.com carries a short 2" cable for the 6600 with a standard mini stereo headset jack on one end and the 6600's proprietary plug on the other. It costs $12.50.

I just ordered two of them so I can keep one in the car and one in the house.

I've used the version they have for my Samsung i700 for two years - it's well made.