+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4gb SD vs. NANO

4gb SD vs. NANO

Argghhh, it became very frustrating when shopping that I found the 4gb IPOD NANO for about the same price as a 4gb SD card. I can't believe that choice. I would really love to buy the SD card but the price has to come down. Just venting....

Had the same problem... the black Nano does look extremely sharp. But in the end, I went with the 4GB card.

I use my phone for pictures (5 month old son), movies, maps, etc. Plus, now a days I only use my iPod for podcasts. And since I found doppler radio, I find myself using the i730 more than my iPod. I grab all the RSS podcast feeds over EV-DO directly from my i730 and listen to it over bluetooth on my HBH-662. Try doing that with a Nano.

Richard

At some point the 4gig will come down...I can wait till then.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600--> PPC 6600

There is a 4GB card? DOH! just bought a 2GB. I will have to look for a 4GB now!

Thanks!

I personally carry both....

As much as I like the multimedia features, the battery life can't compare. I use the device heavily for both data/phone/pda functions. To use it to also listen to my music....I'd need like 4 batteries. I already carry an one extra standard in my pocket at all times, and the extended is usually in my laptop bag, or not far behind...
    "He who leaves the fight unfinished is not at peace" --Gilgamesh

i700-->xv6600wc-->i730-->700w-->WM5 i730-->700wx

large sd cards

I know it has been covered before in older threads but are any of you using these larger sd cards having any reception problems or changes.

as I have posted before, any thing larger than 512mb in my phone definitely drops my reception which then even effects my battery life (esp. when I am in or near fringe reception areas)

I have never had an issue. The reception has been as good or better than my old flip phone. I have not really tried the phone without an SD card so I can not fully comment on this. But so far no issues in terms of reception.

Re: large sd cards

Originally posted by jcrompton
    I know it has been covered before in older threads but are any of you using these larger sd cards having any reception problems or changes.

as I have posted before, any thing larger than 512mb in my phone definitely drops my reception which then even effects my battery life (esp. when I am in or near fringe reception areas)

I wonder why that would be.... Could it be just more electrical interference?? Weird