+ Reply to Thread
    Mysterious Penguin sloppychachi's Avatar

I am here... flippering around

Hey folks... sorry I haven't written lately. I still have been around the forums, just with a lot less vigor. With a 7 month old, the holidays, odd temperatures in the North East, the increase in the price of stamps, and more and more work, I have not had the time to post at the level of silliness that I consider the benchmark for posting.

I appreciate the e-mails Connie and Rails, as well as the voicemail Equus.

On a personal note, the little penguin in my life has started to waddle around the house while you hold her flippers. Her quacking has gotten considerably louder, which is a lot of fun especially when we try to feed her the special mackeral formula before bed.

The funniest part of the whole experience is watching her experience everything. From a lick of my ice pop to Christmas Tree Lights to the Television, everything is an event.

I am amazed at the impact of the little red guy called Elmo. He is bigger than any star out there. With just a gold fish called Dorothy and an imagination, as well as some rudimentary songs and dancing, he can delight my little girl for hours.

I imagine Elmo is a real pain in the coolie behind the scenes. I expect him to demand the green M and M's, constantly smoke and yell at his agent via cell phone while constantly berating the other characters with comments like "Sesame Street was a Dead End til I moved in" or "Snuff this Snuffalupagus"!

By the way, the real truth is that Equus had tried to keep me locked up in Eastern Europe. Of course, the hole in his head has led him to make some mistakes. It was Eastern Albany and he tied me up with Raw Noodles. It wasn't really an escape, more like a commute. Thanks to Meg and Jim C for picking me up in a Harley with Side Car. I never expected Meg to look that good in leather a**less chaps!
    Here..maybe... do you smell something fishy?

Sloppy,

Congratulations on your little girl/penguin. They grow up fast - mine is now 12 (no flippers). The I730 forum misses your levity greatly!

Originally posted by waltie
    Sloppy,

Congratulations on your little girl/penguin. They grow up fast - mine is now 12 (no flippers). The I730 forum misses your levity greatly!
    Thanks Waltie... By the way, your avatar eats my avatar! I lost my good friend Henry like that last Tuesday.

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    SC,

I'm glad to see your alive and well and living in Jersey. btw, I found your stylis, it's in Lost and Found if you still need it.

Luckily, we did not end up like Ahhnold and his side car incident.

Little penguins can be a handful. My second is due in March.

Don't be such a stranger!

Mark

Glad to have you back on line my fine feathered friend..........yeah, those yunguns are a handful........ah, but the joy they bring you is worth every second in life. I wouldn't trade that for anything in this life..............
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Glad to see you back, SC... gotta start guarding the herring now that the wee penguin is self-locomoting.
    John

DroidX>Omnia>i760/30>00>ipaq+nokia JimCapraro's Avatar

What sloppy has really been up to!!

Well, there is one type of physical activity, of an intimate nature, that just leaves a penguin too tired to type!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I am here... flippering around-topcat.gif  
    The only constant is change.

DroidX>Omnia>i760/30>00>ipaq+nokia JimCapraro's Avatar
    Seriously, congratulations on the "little waddler" -- We just experienced the arrival of our first grandchild -- five month old little girl, you know, its just as good the second time around.
    The only constant is change.

Originally posted by MEG
    SC,

I'm glad to see your alive and well and living in Jersey. btw, I found your stylis, it's in Lost and Found if you still need it.

Luckily, we did not end up like Ahhnold and his side car incident.

Little penguins can be a handful. My second is due in March.

Don't be such a stranger!

Mark
    Mark - Congrats... boy or girl?

Originally posted by JimCapraro
    Seriously, congratulations on the "little waddler" -- We just experienced the arrival of our first grandchild -- five month old little girl, you know, its just as good the second time around.
    my father-in-law says the only reason you have children is so that one day you can be a grandparent... Congrats

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    our little Matt has no clue that Nicholas will be here in March
    Mark