+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Firefox Crashes

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Firefox Crashes

I've been using FF for a few months now and have seen that it crashes on me every few days... of course its always when I have like 20 open tabs. Anyone else having this problem?
    Mike - Been Converged?

I have only had Firefox crash about 3 times ever. On 1.5 now and I have been using it since beofre 1.0

Alan

I have had very few crashes, but I don't think I have ever had 20 tabs open. I guess I need to increase my use.

I can't remember when I stared using Firefox. It seems like it has always been there.
    Nicky

My crashes occationally. Must less than IE..
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

Actually, mine started crashing randomly a few weeks back too. I'm planning on doing a fresh OS install on my system this weekend anyways, you know, the quarterly re-install of XP that's required because it's the best OS in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Convergent
    I've been using FF for a few months now and have seen that it crashes on me every few days... of course its always when I have like 20 open tabs. Anyone else having this problem?
    Jeeze Mike... How can you even see what the tabs say with 20 tabs!?
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Firefox very rarely crashes for me... and having 20+ tabs open at one time is not uncommon for me. Usually I have 2-3 instances of Firefox running... all with lots of tabs open
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy
    Jeeze Mike... How can you even see what the tabs say with 20 tabs!?
    mg
    You've just got to remember. I tend to keep opening things as I'm working on projects and doing research... find something I want to explore... I leave it and move on. I have so many bookmarks that that is a mess.

One thing I can'd do in Firefox that I like in IE. When you are looking at a page, how do you open a tab with another instance of that page in one step. With IE, you just pick new window and it opens another instance. With Firefox, it open another window/tab that is empty.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Yeah, that' really bugs me as well. In IE, just press Alt-N (was it?), and bam! New window of the same window you were just looking. In firefox, press alt-t for a new tab, and its blank. You have to copy paste your link if you want same instance. Still, though, firefox is my fav.

On the tablet PC I just got, most the text boxes will drop down some sort of icon so I can write into it. However, this is not the case for FF. The reason? That text box is a windowsXP thing, and not a FF thing. Thnx Bill Gates, for controling my life just a lil bit more!!! PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9