+ Reply to Thread

Someone wanna lend me $1200

??? Heh... Yeah, well, school loans have decided to hold half my student loans until mid march because loans are dispursed in two periods. If I had gone to school last semester, then this dispersment would be the full dispersment. However, since this is my first semester in like 5 years, well, they will hold half of it until March, which puts a flat wall in my way. I was going to get a tablet pc to take notes with and online things while on campus (the whole campus is 802.11), but now I have to wait until March. No appeal rights to this, either...

Who makes up these rules????? They seem to like to give you help, but then hinder you as such so that the help doesn't really help much... They gave enough money for tuition, but books, and stuff, well, I need to wait until March????

Who makes these rules???
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

If I had it to give, it would be yours to take. Keep your head up. My wife and I are also trying to raise a young family and go to school - along with being active members of the LDS Church.

I've been lucky enough to get some help with my schooling, but my wifes student loans add up more and more every semester. The worst part is, the money from the loans seems to vanish just as quickly as they were placed into your account...

Keep your head up!
    Junkie

Yeah, Church is the only thing that keeps me steady, even though it takes up a bunch of time (I am head of the activities commitee). Did I mention that my wife is pregnant, and due in March?

Its a boy, though, to be born just in time for me to start teaching him the ways of the world (aka, March Madness)...
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

Just please don't name him JJ! Dook is a four letter word...
    Jeremiah 29:11

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Congratulations Nephi!
    Mike - Been Converged?

Thanks for you thought's! I am very excited about having a boy. furthermore, I am writing to you from my brand new TabletPC! My mother divided to get this for my birthday (in March). It recognizes text quite well. I an withy in cursive, and my Cursive sux! It will be alot easier for me to take notes in class and keep organized!

Btw: My son's name will be either Kepler Campbell Hughes or Steven Kepler Hughes. 10 pts to whoever can tell me who Kepler was.
    Nephi

Planetary Motion? That Kepler? I think he even was one of the first to use logarithms... I saw something on him a few nights ago on the history channel as they were going through someone elses life story - Bacon maybe?! Don't remember. I've watched a little too much History channel lately.

I'm probably way off on the Kepler name, but its the only one I could think of, and hey, who can't use an extra 10 points!

Junkie

That would be the Kepler I am thinking of also.

Congrats, Nephi!
    John

Johannes Kepler, who proved that Capernacus was correct that the Sun was the center of the solar system. 10 pts to bgsjunkie and 5 pts to jpm for the followup
    Nephi

Well, I was thinking of Welcome Back Kotter (Gabe Kaplan). Should have spent more time studying and less time on the TV.
    Jeremiah 29:11