+ Reply to Thread

my experience with Seidioonline

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE 02-24-06:

Thanks to the wonderful help I got from David from Seidio, I just received the headset that I ordered... So far so good, the only thing I'm having trouble with is figuring out what the button on the microphone piece is for? When I'm on a call it doesn't seem to end the call or do anything when I press it. Other than that, I put my order in and with David's help, the order got processed and shipped to me within days. Thanks a lot for the help Daivid!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to post my experience in case people are on the edge about ordering from them:

I put in an order for a 2-in-1 headphone adapter and a 3 piece charger set...

First my order goes through normal and a few days later I see my order moves to a pending status and my credit card gets charged... ok, I assume that my order is about to ship since they've charged my credit card already. So I wait a few more days longer for my shipping confirmation e-mail but I get nothing. Getting a little restless (it's been almost a week since I put in my order), I call them to see what's going on.

Apparently part of the order is on backorder! So I ask them what part (them being customer service) and they say that they can't tell from what they see and that I'd have to get in touch with the RMA department. So I get in touch with the RMA department via e-mail and they write back saying that the charger portion is on backorder. Meanwhile, they do not say if the rest of my order is going to ship to me, why my credit card got charged, or when to expect to receive my order. So then I e-mail them a few more times and I never get a good response. One person said:

"I am very sorry about the charge. The system automatically charged for the order, but it was reversed yesterday. You are correct, you will not be charged for the order until it is ready to ship.

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Thank You"

So anyway, I checked my credit card today and the charge has yet to be reversed... needless to say, I got quite sick of the run-around so I called them today and cancelled the order. Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm expecting too much from these companies, but the least they should do is have some intelligent people that know how to communicate what's going on to their customers! I thought that by ordering directly from Seidio I might be better off... guess I was wrong. Time to find a 3rd party store to buy from!

Anyone know of any good online stores? Preferably one that's reliable?
    Last edited by tangfj; 02-24-2006 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangfj
    Just wanted to post my experience in case people are on the edge about ordering from them:

I put in an order for a 2-in-1 headphone adapter and a 3 piece charger set...

First my order goes through normal and a few days later I see my order moves to a pending status and my credit card gets charged... ok, I assume that my order is about to ship since they've charged my credit card already. So I wait a few more days longer for my shipping confirmation e-mail but I get nothing. Getting a little restless (it's been almost a week since I put in my order), I call them to see what's going on.

Apparently part of the order is on backorder! So I ask them what part (them being customer service) and they say that they can't tell from what they see and that I'd have to get in touch with the RMA department. So I get in touch with the RMA department via e-mail and they write back saying that the charger portion is on backorder. Meanwhile, they do not say if the rest of my order is going to ship to me, why my credit card got charged, or when to expect to receive my order. So then I e-mail them a few more times and I never get a good response. One person said:

"I am very sorry about the charge. The system automatically charged for the order, but it was reversed yesterday. You are correct, you will not be charged for the order until it is ready to ship.

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Thank You"

So anyway, I checked my credit card today and the charge has yet to be reversed... needless to say, I got quite sick of the run-around so I called them today and cancelled the order. Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm expecting too much from these companies, but the least they should do is have some intelligent people that know how to communicate what's going on to their customers! I thought that by ordering directly from Seidio I might be better off... guess I was wrong. Time to find a 3rd party store to buy from!

Anyone know of any good online stores? Preferably one that's reliable?
    This is quite unusual. If you can give us one more opportunity. I will make sure it is done right.

Sorry for the problem.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

A little too late

Too late for that... I already ordered a headset (actually a Seidio headset) from treocentral.com: http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-75--479.htm. They actually shipped it out the same day I ordered it today. Within an hour or so I already got a tracking number...

I'm hoping that it will work with the 6700. In terms of a charger, I just went to comp usa and bought a set there for 24.99 that includes a car charger, wall charger, as well as a retractable cable. Although, it doesn't look as nice as the Seidio chargers, it'll work and I didn't have to go through all the back and forth e-mails and what not...

Anyway, thanks for offernig and maybe someday I may be adventurous enough to order from Seidioonline again... By chance, do you know if the headset adaptor I ordered from treocentral will work with my phone? I was taking a look at pictures and it would appear that it should work. Anyway, thanks again for the offer...

I placed orders for accessories for my XV6700 on Monday, or Tuesday, from ExchangeCellular.com and boxwave.com. ExchangeCellular.com's order appeared today, and I received a slip to sign for my order from Boxwave. They stated about 3-5 days, and I'm fine with that.

Too late for that... I already ordered a headset (actually a Seidio headset) from treocentral.com: http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-75--479.htm. They actually shipped it out the same day I ordered it today. Within an hour or so I already got a tracking number...

I'm hoping that it will work with the 6700. In terms of a charger, I just went to comp usa and bought a set there for 24.99 that includes a car charger, wall charger, as well as a retractable cable. Although, it doesn't look as nice as the Seidio chargers, it'll work and I didn't have to go through all the back and forth e-mails and what not...

Anyway, thanks for offernig and maybe someday I may be adventurous enough to order from Seidioonline again... By chance, do you know if the headset adaptor I ordered from treocentral will work with my phone? I was taking a look at pictures and it would appear that it should work. Anyway, thanks again for the offer...
    Hi,

Treocentral also carries our 2 in1 headset adaptor, but it is for Treo, will not work for PPC-6700. WE will be more than happy to assist your purchase. Please let me know.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

hmmm, well it's too late to cancel the order from treocentral, so i'll have to return it when i get it. to put another order through with you guys will i have to put another order in through your website can i put it in directly with you? what would you recommend doing? good thing treocentral has a 30 day return policy.

For what it's worth, I ordered the same combination (2 in one headset and car and house charger w/ retractable data/charge cable) Sunday night at about 10:00 to catch the end of their 15% discount. I received the products Thursday afternoon in the mail. Very good in my opinion. Earphones work pretty well, haven't tested the chargers yet.
    I would reccomend them, Seidioonline that is.
    Roger

This is not meant to bash Seidio, but I guess it does. I purchased their 2in1 headset for my Treo 650. The behind the head style one. It sucked. The idea and concept is great, but where the mic and the volume knob are, there is a short. Happened within a month or so of purchasing the item. I read a thread earlier today on Treocentral where a bunch of people have purchased crap quality items from these people. Doubtful that I would purchase another of their products.

Good luck to you though.

Sounds like someone is very impatient. A whole week since your first order? Oooh. So what?

Orders I make online usually take 2-3 weeks to get to here (canada) from the US, because the USPS sucks. Big deal. Just sit your ass down and wait. Also, it usually takes longer than a day for reversed charges to show up on your card.

Patience is a virtue.

Seidio not only completed my order quickly, but also mailed me a second audio adapter after the first one was broken, free of charge. Excellent service.

hmmm, well it's too late to cancel the order from treocentral, so i'll have to return it when i get it. to put another order through with you guys will i have to put another order in through your website can i put it in directly with you? what would you recommend doing? good thing treocentral has a 30 day return policy.
    Hi,

You can go through the normal on-line purchasing. then just email me your order #.

Thank you for the opportunity.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar-X
    Sounds like someone is very impatient. A whole week since your first order? Oooh. So what?

Orders I make online usually take 2-3 weeks to get to here (canada) from the US, because the USPS sucks. Big deal. Just sit your ass down and wait. Also, it usually takes longer than a day for reversed charges to show up on your card.

Patience is a virtue.

Seidio not only completed my order quickly, but also mailed me a second audio adapter after the first one was broken, free of charge. Excellent service.
    Thank you.

Our goal is to offer

1) the best and the most innovative products
    2) the best customer service and tech support

although we are trying very hard everyday to achieve the goal. There are still some deviation from our standard. For those who have unpleasant experience, Please accept our apology and consider giving us another opportunity. For the customers who have good experience with us, we thank you for your support and business.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

Update from my end here which I posted in my original post.... Got my headset and everything went smoothly this time thanks to the help that David gave me. The only question I have now about the headset is what the function of the button is on the microphone piece? I tried pressing it while in a call but it didn't seem to do anything? Anybody have any ideas?

Also, on the back of the headset it has a sticker that says PPC 6601, is this right? I know I ordered the one for the 6700 but I just want to be sure that the wrong one wasn't accidentally sent to me.

Thanks again David for all your help.

Ok, so I wanted to give Seidio another try and so I put in an order for a black aluminum case last Friday and sent an e-mail to see if I could get it expedited because I'm leaving the country tomorrow afternoon. To make a long story short, I just called today and found out that my part was on backorder but now it's available to ship. To be fair, though, they are paying for half of overnight shipping to me but I'm still not sure if I will get it by tomorrow afternoon (have to leave home early for the airport). Anyway, I'm not really frustrated this time with the level of service I got when I called. I'm really frustrated that I sent an e-mail last friday, never got a response, and then when my order went on backorder the only way I found out was by calling in today. Basically, had I been informed about the backorder status I could have cancelled my order and ordered from somewhere that had it in stock so I could get it by tomorrow morning.

Anyway, I know it's only been about 4 business days since I put the order in and some of you think that I'm just whining, but all I'm asking for is some follow up from Seidio at least once without me having to call in! This is the second time this has happened to me!