+ Reply to Thread

Arrow Yahoo and MSN Join Forces as ONE Messenger

While surfing last night I found some news that were very interesting. Yahoo is joining forces with MSN messenger JUNE of 2006. Links shown below.

This might be old news to some of you, but I was not aware of it, and I'm sure there are others out there as well that dont know. I found these while trying to find a Yahoo Messenger program for my 6700.

This probably explains why YAHOO is not supporting or planning on releasing a Messenger program for our PocketPC's. My thoughts is that Microsoft will most likely release a MSN Messenger program update and add yahoo messenger within it.

It is just a matter of time, in which we will have "hopefully" a free chat program and have access to YAHOO & MSN Messengers all in one. Unless MSN plans to charge a fee when this happens, and do the same thing they did with their CHAT SERVICES. But I doubt they would take the chance of losing customers and people switch to the other free messengers. I also read a news link where AOL Messenger may be joining up with Goggle Messenger to counter-act this partnership. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Well lets see what happens...... HERE ARE THE NEWS LINKS.

CNET NEWS ANNOUCEMENT

BETA NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT

http://goldsea.com/Asiagate/510/12aim.html

The Yahoo-Microsoft partnership, allowing users of the two services to exchange messages seamlessly, gives the companies nearly as many users combined as AOL has in total. The companies said in a statement Wednesday that they expect the service to start by June 2006.

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE WITH YOU..... WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS ???

MIKE
    Last edited by spanishcop; 02-18-2006 at 11:22 AM.

Sweet! Great find. Yahoo! is my favorite IM program also.