+ Reply to Thread

A new experience for me!

My wife has had two of my children, now. To be in the presense of my wife when she went through the pain and trials of childbirth, to see the strength that she has during this time, it makes me feel soooooooooooooo small.

So, as a symbolic way of showing my love of what she did in the childbirth of my children, I went out today and got my nipples pierced. He piercing represents the trial of the childbirth of one of my children (two, total, then). Its truely a unique experience. The piercing wasn't exactly painless (the 2nd one was fairly painful), but the aftermath is throbing (like my wife is right now recovering from her cesarian).

I recommend to other men out there, if your wife approves of the body modification. Its truely a cool way to symbolically represent childbirth.... Not the same by a long shot, but a good symbol none the less.
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

9 views and no replies. Bet yall think I'm crazy
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

I have a suggestion for a piercing more in line with childbirth....

Nice gesture!
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Quote Originally Posted by harleyxlc
    I have a suggestion for a piercing more in line with childbirth....

Nice gesture!
    Well, if we have more children, guess what's next.... Honestly, though, these make piercings number 3 and 4. I have asked around, and have been told that nipple piercings can be some of the most painful of all piercings. However, what you are alluding to, yes. That's next.

p.s -- My previous two piercings I no longer wear. First was my tongue, and second was my eye brow.
    Nephi

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    ummm...... that's great......I hope that's working out for you. Everytime I think of what my wife went through for our first, I look at the balance in the checking account and think "We're even"

Mark

First off congratulations on the new addition. cheers!!!!!!

Second I admire your enthusiasm. While I admit I question your sanity OUCHHHHHHH.

I unfortunately have one of those....you know...issues with pain. I don't exactly volunteer for it. I have two steel plates in my left arm from an accident, but I still haven't got up the nerve up to get the tattoo of my fraternity crest.

I Love and admire my wife for what she had to go through but I can't say that I want to join in.
    Last edited by Tekjunkie; 03-04-2006 at 10:43 PM.
    -Jonas

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Ooh nephi! that hurts! I'm not sure I would memorialize the birthing experience like that... When my wife had our first she was heard to say that she felt like a truck ran over her crotch... and me, I felt like I was setting next to someone whose crotch was just run over by a truck! We'll we went on to have a total of four kids in the span of five years, my oldest is 7 so the memories are quite fresh for us! Get ready for the ride of your life... hold on with two hands for dear life!

Now if you really want to experience child birth have a kidney stone! I've had three the first time they were bilateral (two at the same time on opposite sides). My nurse said the physical contractions while passing a stone are the same as labor... the only difference is they my kidney stone contractions would last from 45 min to 2 hrs... my wife got a break every 2 min! and obviously the result of her contractions were far more satisfying...
    good luck!
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.