+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-11-2006
    Posts
    1

    Talking How to make the cell phone salesman look bad!

    I was in the mall the other day and walked by a cell phone booth when one of the salesmen stop me and asked,

    Salesman: "Is ur cell phone treating you good?".

    Asking me without seeing what phone I have. So I replied,

    Me: "Yes Sir!"

    Salesman: "Who's ur carrier?"

    Me: "Sprint."

    Salesman: "Ooohhhh, I'm sorry!!"

    Me: "Sorry for what?"

    Salesman: "Sprint isn't a good company."

    Me: "Well, I'm sorry for you, but my phone does everything and more than what your phones do here!!"

    I pull out my phone and the salesman eyes pop out of his head in amazement.

    Salesman: "Wwwwhhhhooooaaaa!!!"

    Then I side the keyboard out. The Salesman's face.......

    PRICELESS!!!!

  2. #2
    Registered User k0diak's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-01-2005
    Posts
    77
    hahahahah thats awesome
    "Who needs an IPOD when your PPC-6700 can do all that AND a bag of chips!"

  3. #3
    PPC FrEak
    Join Date
    12-16-2005
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    225
    lemme guess a t-mobile kiosk right?
    If i die tomorrow and noone was around to hear my last breath...did i really die?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-22-2005
    Posts
    244
    Those cell phone kiosks are a dime a dozen here, I'm suprised they can all make any money at all with all the bottom feeders. They are literally every 40 feet or so in our mall here. Not too mention the big stores.

  5. #5
    Could I BE any more converged tonydiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-25-2003
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    1,631
    A similar thing happened to me at Costco, now the guy just smiles at me and says "not even gonna ask you". Perhaps I spend too much time there.

  6. #6
    Was and now is again... Killswitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-12-2004
    Location
    Just Slightly West of the Atlantic Ocean
    Posts
    44
    Yeah, the Cingular toadie in my mall called me over the other day, and bet me he could beat my phone and plan whatever they were...so I let him try, then spanked him with my 6700 and my uber-plan from retention...he looked like someone let the air out of him.

    Him: This phone has Bluetooth
    Me: yup...mine too. And Wi-Fi.
    Him: iTunes?
    Me: SD and media players galore
    Him: Media clips?
    Me: Full movies
    Him: VGA camera
    Me: 1.3 megapixel
    Him: This one looks nifty...
    Me: EV-DO.
    Him:

  7. #7
    Registered User Lazybones's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-16-2003
    Posts
    586
    About the only thing you can beat the 6700 in terms of features is size and maybe screen resolution.

  8. #8
    Registered User jangy's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-07-2006
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch
    my uber-plan from retention...he looked like someone let the air out of him.
    What's the uber-plan??
    Sprint PPC6700
    Microsoft's Power Toys
    Microsoft Voice Command

  9. #9
    Was and now is again... Killswitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-12-2004
    Location
    Just Slightly West of the Atlantic Ocean
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by jangy
    What's the uber-plan??
    Well, nothing THAT special...but still better than the best plan he was able to offer. That combined with the 6700 made him unable to compete.

  10. #10
    Registered User jangy's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-07-2006
    Posts
    29
    ok, whatever.
    Sprint PPC6700
    Microsoft's Power Toys
    Microsoft Voice Command

  11. #11
    Registered User substring's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-27-2003
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by poolshark
    I was in the mall the other day and walked by a cell phone booth when one of the salesmen stop me and asked,

    Salesman: "Is ur cell phone treating you good?".

    Asking me without seeing what phone I have. So I replied,

    Me: "Yes Sir!"

    Salesman: "Who's ur carrier?"

    Me: "Sprint."

    Salesman: "Ooohhhh, I'm sorry!!"

    Me: "Sorry for what?"

    Salesman: "Sprint isn't a good company."

    Me: "Well, I'm sorry for you, but my phone does everything and more than what your phones do here!!"

    I pull out my phone and the salesman eyes pop out of his head in amazement.

    Salesman: "Wwwwhhhhooooaaaa!!!"

    Then I side the keyboard out. The Salesman's face.......

    PRICELESS!!!!
    If it is T-Mobile, give them a couple months or so, they will have the HTC Wizard on their lineup. By then, every major wireless carrier has a variant of the SAME phone...either a HTC Apache or HTC Wizard. So it becomes a moot point.

    By the way, it is not that hard to make a salesman (any salesman) looks bad. Try drilling into the technical questions and you will see a "totally lost" face.

  12. #12
    Registered User ls3mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-23-2005
    Posts
    344
    It doesnt become a moot point. EVDO speeds completely obliterate Edge. Edge is more likened to 1xRTT, that isnt fast by any means.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-07-2006
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    It doesnt become a moot point. EVDO speeds completely obliterate Edge. Edge is more likened to 1xRTT, that isnt fast by any means.
    i agree. I have friends with Edge devices and they're not nearly as fast as an EVDO connection

  14. #14
    Reconverged harleyxlc's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-25-2003
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by substring
    If it is T-Mobile, give them a couple months or so, they will have the HTC Wizard on their lineup.
    A couple of months? They already have it

    There are two pieces to the data issue, speed and cost. EDGE does not compare but then neither do my monthly bills compared to my CDMA carrier bills.
    My sordid past:

    Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

  15. #15
    Registered User substring's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-27-2003
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyxlc
    A couple of months? They already have it
    I guess I am a little behind on this. I stopped checking the news on HTC Wizard after I pulled the trigger and bought the XV6700.

    Quote Originally Posted by harleyxlc
    There are two pieces to the data issue, speed and cost. EDGE does not compare but then neither do my monthly bills compared to my CDMA carrier bills.
    I am a firm believer of "you get what you pay for"...it is a Market Economy.
    Last edited by substring; 03-12-2006 at 04:48 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts