+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Go to My PC

Go to My PC

I can't get a reply from them so wonder if any of you use this.

If I get gotomypc and use my PPC to access one computer at home and when I determine I need a bigger screen to do something and access it from my laptop; is that a 1 PC sub or a 2 PC subscription?

I'm thinking this could be a way around not being able to send mail via inotes on the PPC and would be able to transfer files to my Laptop (TV recordings) and backup files from my laptop to the PC at home; the cost of the 2 PC subscriptions would be a bit much just to send email in iNotes though so I'm hoping it would fall under 1 PC subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by ONAPARTYROCK
    I can't get a reply from them so wonder if any of you use this.

If I get gotomypc and use my PPC to access one computer at home and when I determine I need a bigger screen to do something and access it from my laptop; is that a 1 PC sub or a 2 PC subscription?

I'm thinking this could be a way around not being able to send mail via inotes on the PPC and would be able to transfer files to my Laptop (TV recordings) and backup files from my laptop to the PC at home; the cost of the 2 PC subscriptions would be a bit much just to send email in iNotes though so I'm hoping it would fall under 1 PC subscription.
    You need one subscription for every PC you will access, not for every PC you will use to access the PC in your account. When you add a PC to your GoToMyPC account you can access it from any PC on the internet as often as you like without limitations.

Also, if for some reason you did want to, it is only $5/mo to add a second PC to your account.

Its a great service I highly recommend it. I've been using it for remote monitoring of my office and it works well even from my PPC.

Another good service for this is LogMeIn, www.logmein.com
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy
    Another good service for this is LogMeIn, www.logmein.com
    Mark
    And its over 50% cheaper, thanks!