+ Reply to Thread
    Eventually all bleeding stops lowlife's Avatar

interesting power source

You can power up any Splashpower-enabled*device (e.g. phone, PDA, MP3 player, camera etc), simply by dropping it on a mouse-mat-sized pad, called a SplashPad™.No physical connection is required between the SplashPad and the device - power is transferred wirelessly between the pad and the receiver module in the device.* And of course, different devices can be charged on a single SplashPad at the same time.

Add to this the kind of styling which would complement even the most sophisticated of home or office interiors, and you'll never want to use tangled traditional chargers again.

To learn more about the technology behind the SplashPad, visit the technology page

http://www.splashpower.com/products/splashpads.html

Could I BE any more converged tonydiv's Avatar
    It's the same way that many rechargable toothbrushes are charged. Hardly new technology. The issue is whether manufacturers embrace the technology enough to install it in their devices. A tall order when you consider how manufacturers a constantly trying to shrink the size of their devices.

The other issue is that by its nature EM charging is not as efficient as normal wired charging methods.

I kind of wonder what the EM field will do to a memory card... I'm guessing that it wouldn't be very good for long term data storage.

So instead of running a wire from the wall to the docking station and placing our phone on the station, you run a wire from the wall to the splash pad and place our phone near the splash pad. I'm sorry but I really don't see a diffrence.

It's just supposed to be more convienent for people who don't have that extra second to dock the phone. They just lay it on the pad and move on...

Not that useful to me.
    Just my 2 cents...
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Combine this with one of the sticky rubber pads for your car dash and you now have a marketable gizmo of some convenience. just my idea
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonAlcohol
    I'm sorry but I really don't see a diffrence.
    sure you do. it charges slower