+ Reply to Thread

How does verizon stay in businesss? I just switched to sprint...

My bill went down from over 90 bucks a month to 30 for the same exact service (400 mines / unlimited evdo / free sms) + free phone. I break even in less than two months - free phone ebayed for $80 and I'm saving 60 bucks every month.

Because you're one of about 50 million customers .

My concern is that Sprint will jack up their Power Vision charge since they are so much under Verizon. I'm paying $7.50/mo, as a secondary phone holder, on our Sprint account. It's unbelievable that Verizon charges over 5 times that amount. I think the competive advantage that Verizon has is better coverage in more rural areas. Their customer service may be a tad better as well. The difference in price does not compensate for that advantage.

I've never used Verizon, so I don't know too much about their service. But I do know that if you want a PDA phone, Verizon has Sprint soundly beaten in that department.

Sprint has ONE Windows Mobile phone, Verizon has THREE, including the same one that Sprint has. Sprint has ONE Treo, Verizon has 2, including the same one that Sprint has. Sprint has a new Treo slated for release at some point, but verizon will also be getting that same phone. And then there's the Motorolla Q that Verizon is set to release...

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=856

So, I'm sure that has something to do with people choosing Verizon over Sprint. Sprint really needs to get their act together in the PDA phone department...

What's the point of buying a Porsche if gas is $100 a gallon?

For me the answer is easy. Verizon works all around where I live and work, and in and around town. Sprint doesn't have that kind of coverage here.

Quote Originally Posted by jrider
    What's the point of buying a Porsche if gas is $100 a gallon?

i dont know what u trying to say. that is like saying Why buy a Mercedes or a really EXPENSIVE sport car when a Ford Focus get you from point A to Point B too..

His point is it EDVO speeds (or better service or better coverage) are not worth it (to him) if it costs so much more than other carriers.

I left Verizon and saved about the same on my bill. But I had two reasons for leaving. One, to get better phones (including unlocked). Sprint was not even in the running for this and I had such horrible cust service with them you couldn't give me their service free!

Two, because of the monthly cost.

But some people need the coverage (TMO covers me just fine) and some people need the higher speeds or are willing to pay for it.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Quote Originally Posted by harleyxlc
    His point is it EDVO speeds (or better service or better coverage) are not worth it (to him) if it costs so much more than other carriers.

I left Verizon and saved about the same on my bill. But I had two reasons for leaving. One, to get better phones (including unlocked). Sprint was not even in the running for this and I had such horrible cust service with them you couldn't give me their service free!

Two, because of the monthly cost.

But some people need the coverage (TMO covers me just fine) and some people need the higher speeds or are willing to pay for it.
    I get the same speed with sprint as i got from verizon, but costs me 60% less

Exactly... What I was saying was, Verizon might offer a few more PDA phones than Sprint does at the moment. One reason for this is because the 700w was exclusive to Verizon; nobody else could have it. Sprint will be the 1st to release the 700p, and I'm sure Verizon will get that eventually, just as they did the 6700. So my point was, why buy from Verizon, if it's gonna cost you significantly more for the same exact service (EV-DO)? Now, if one carrier works better in an area, then it would obviously be dumb not to pick them. But for me, in Detroit, they (all the carriers) have good service. So I went with Sprint. And shoot, with free roaming, I can use Verizon's coverage too. So I get the best of both worlds; cheaper data service, plus the advantage to use Verizon towers if I need to.

i just checked out sprintpcs.com, they need to give more DETAILS! so how much is UNLIMITED power vision cost? i mean how much do i pay monthly to surf internet on ppc6700 with unlimited EVDO.

$15 a month on a primary line.

If you have two lines on an account it's only $7.50 for the secondary line. And you don't have to have it on the primary line to get the deal on the secondary.

I couldn't believe it when I heard how low the prices were for unlimited data.

I switched from Sprint to Verizon. Yes, I pay more, but I also get coverage in places I didn't before. For me the increased coverage is worth the price.
    Dave
    POD13