+ Reply to Thread

Those of you with SERO might be in for a surprise

I tried with 5 different customer service reps to get my plan changed to include SERO discounts with no luck. Some didn't know much about it and others tried telling me it was for employees only. I finally talked to someone who knew all of the facts and this is what she told me.

SERO discounts are only for new lines or new accounts. If you've had a Sprint account for more than 14 days you don't qualify for SERO unless you're adding an additional line. I then asked her about all of the people that were able to call and get the SERO discounts who according to the requirements weren't eligible. She told me that those peoples accounts would be audited and that they would cease to receive the discounted rates. Not sure if Sprint would go as far as to try to bill you for the difference, but I'm sure you could just tell them to screw off and they would drop the charges.

What really annoys me is that the guy who sold me the phone didn't tell me anything about the SERO discount when I signed up.
    Last edited by jmz768; 05-23-2006 at 07:47 AM.

I doubt a company that has millions of suscribers will audit every SERO account. They have better things to do, like all those people scamming Sprint for free minutes. I've had a friend who has had sprint for 4 years, and never recieved a bill, and to this day still has a 0 account balance while getting unlimited everything.

The sero plan is only available for new line customers. The rep told you what they SHOULD have told you. Anyone who cheats the system certainly does have the possibility to have a nasty surprise one day in their bill... Why not just pay the early term fee and then get sero? Over the 2 years of your sero contract you'll FAR MORE than makeup the fee... And then it's legit...

I'll fight the hell out of them if they do anything with my Sero plan. I was told by the Rep I quallified, and if I didn't. That's Sprints problem, fire the rep.

Until they cancel it, I shall live it up with my cheap plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Caust
    I'll fight the hell out of them if they do anything with my Sero plan. I was told by the Rep I quallified, and if I didn't. That's Sprints problem, fire the rep.

Until they cancel it, I shall live it up with my cheap plan.
    Exactly. They can't hold you accountable for their mistakes. Lawyers would be drooling if they tried that.

Could I BE any more converged tonydiv's Avatar
    It seems that they were not concerned about the "rules" when the program first started. They only started to be hard asses about it recently, when some guy in a suit decided that there more plans being written than they wanted/expected.

In fact early on they were giving the employee a bonus if they gave out all 5 of the plans they were allocated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmite
    The sero plan is only available for new line customers. The rep told you what they SHOULD have told you. Anyone who cheats the system certainly does have the possibility to have a nasty surprise one day in their bill... Why not just pay the early term fee and then get sero? Over the 2 years of your sero contract you'll FAR MORE than makeup the fee... And then it's legit...
    I was thinking about doing that but my understanding is that SERO discounts are only for people who have been Sprint customers for less that 14 days. I've had my phone for 3 weeks now.

Well I was finally able to sign up for SERO today. I kept getting the run around because it had been more than 14 days since I had purchased my phone. As for providing a Email address of a Sprint employee, a simple Google search did the trick.

I was wondering, did those of you who switched to SERO have to pay a early termination fee in order to switch plans? I was able to talk my way out of it since I was so close to the 14 day window. Also, did you have to switch phone numbers? I had to give up my phone number in order to be switched to the plan. I begged and pleaded for a way around it, but there was no way to do it according to the rep I dealt with. All in all it's a small price to pay for cutting my monthly bill in half while getting more minutes.

I'm still a little nervous about what I posted earlier in the thread. If Sprint starts auditing accounts like I was told they intend to, will my plan still be valid? Since I'm a new customer who was just outside the 14 day window I'm assuming I'll be ok.

It took me two days and cost me my phone number (which I liked) but hopefully it was worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by jmz768
    I was wondering, did those of you who switched to SERO have to pay a early termination fee in order to switch plans?
    Nope. No early term fee for me.