+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My 6700 and I Hate Seidio !!

I have been a member of pdaphonehome for a while now, and I've been through 3 smart phones while a member. The community has always given me great advice and tips to maximize the use of my phones, and I can always count on this community for tips about good versus bad vendors, so I want to contribute by telling you all of some serious concerns I have about Seidio. Seidio offers a lot of great gadgety items on their site for both Palm and Windows phones, and I've seen their products reviewed here very positively. My take on Seidio though, is pretty much the opposite.
    I was steered to seidio by community members and I have bought a number of headsets, batteries, and adapters from them over the past several years. The batteries have worked great, but without fail within weeks of purchase, every single adapter and headset has failed me. To pay top dollar for flimsy merchandise and to pay their shipping costs to boot, which for items weighing several ounces can be 7-10 dollars for the cheapest methods of shipping is criminal. Most recently, I ordered abut $100 worth of stuff from them and it never arrived. I called them up and someone named "David," who was supposedly management, told me that he would investigate and probably have a new order to me in a week. To make a long story short, he lied. It has been several months now, and he never made good on the order. Because I used a debit card, my bank wouldn't help me. If I had only used a credit card, I could've gotten justice

So to all of you who are thinking of ordering from Seidio in the future, my two words of advice: (1) don't purchase any wired headsets or adapters from them, (2) always use your credit card when dealing with them.

I'm sure a lot of you have had better experiences with Seidio, which you will contribute to this thread, but I felt it was my responsibility to the community to share this cautionary tale as well.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the great info over the years!!
    PKi730

Hmmm, interesting, my debit card is protected by Visa and my bank is always eager to make things right.

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Hmmm, interesting, my debit card is protected by Visa and my bank is always eager to make things right.
    Mine is a Mastercard, and I called my bank as well as the 800 number on the back of the card. Once I confirmed that I placed the order and authorized the transaction, they said they couldn't help me. Maybe visa is better? All I know is that I was ripped off and it's no fun.
    PKi730

I see dumb people...
    have you followed up anymore? or just the one time and spoke to david who said he'd take care of it and never did?

I'm not taking Seidio's side, but I know if it was me, even though I shouldn't *have* to keep calling, even though Seidio *should* take care of it, I'd be on the phone till I'm black and blue in the face to get my money back or have a new shipment of products. but thats just me.

Companies *should* do the right thing without the customer making a big stink, but most don't, and too many consumers just give up. Not saying that you have given up, I don't know, but I'm just saying in general, sometimes we don't push hard enough when we need to, even though we shouldn't have to.

I agree! And I second the always-use-a-credit-card thing. Debit cards MAY help you out when there's trouble, but they're not obligated to, unlike credit cards. I know, I know, you'll never do it again, but I just wanted to point that out.

And now here I go to place a Seidio order! Gulp.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by crankerchick
    have you followed up anymore? or just the one time and spoke to david who said he'd take care of it and never did?

I'm not taking Seidio's side, but I know if it was me, even though I shouldn't *have* to keep calling, even though Seidio *should* take care of it, I'd be on the phone till I'm black and blue in the face to get my money back or have a new shipment of products. but thats just me.

Companies *should* do the right thing without the customer making a big stink, but most don't, and too many consumers just give up. Not saying that you have given up, I don't know, but I'm just saying in general, sometimes we don't push hard enough when we need to, even though we shouldn't have to.
    Believe me I did not, and have not, given up. I've been calling "David" every week for several months (although he now ignores my calls), I called FedEx to pursue the investigation, but they wouldn't release any information to me because I wasn't the shipper, I've sent various e-mails and made calls to their customer service, and I just finished writing a letter to their corporate headquarters. I did an online search to find out who the officers of the company are to write them directly, but surprise, surprise, there is no information to be had on the web about the responsible parties at Seidio! It's amazing how big they've gotten and still can shield their identities from the public.
    If my letter to them doesn't work, I will write to the Texas Attorney General's office, since that's where their corporate office is.
    Believe me, I have not given up. Thanks for your comments!
    PKi730

Seidio constantly posts on this forum. "David" will obviously see a thread titled "I hate Seidio". His response or lack of it to this thread dealing with your situation will be very telling to the entire forum community here. I will watch this thread for his response.

Quote Originally Posted by wezx
    Seidio constantly posts on this forum. "David" will obviously see a thread titled "I hate Seidio". His response or lack of it to this thread dealing with your situation will be very telling to the entire forum community here. I will watch this thread for his response.
    I would love to hear a response. He's been MIA for some time now. If he'd take his head out of the sand and respond, that would be more than he's done since April. I hope you're right. Let's wait and see.
    PKi730

I see dumb people...
    I agree. I've seen in a few other threads where a poster noted a problem with a Seidio product and David has replied. If he could see those posts buried deep in a thread, he will most certainly see this "I hate Seidio" thread. LOL.

I applaud your persistence and certainly feel for your situation. For your's (and Seidio's) sake, I hope David takes note and finally works with you. A lot of people on here will draw a conclusion about the company from this thread, regardless of anything positive done in other threads (note the loose stylus thread and all the help David has provided there). I'm one of the loose stylus customers, but my experience with Seidio and David specifically has been positive so far. However, I do understand that the customer service experience can be, and usually is, different for each person.
    Last edited by crankerchick; 06-13-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pki730
    I have been a member of pdaphonehome for a while now, and I've been through 3 smart phones while a member. The community has always given me great advice and tips to maximize the use of my phones, and I can always count on this community for tips about good versus bad vendors, so I want to contribute by telling you all of some serious concerns I have about Seidio. Seidio offers a lot of great gadgety items on their site for both Palm and Windows phones, and I've seen their products reviewed here very positively. My take on Seidio though, is pretty much the opposite.
    I was steered to seidio by community members and I have bought a number of headsets, batteries, and adapters from them over the past several years. The batteries have worked great, but without fail within weeks of purchase, every single adapter and headset has failed me. To pay top dollar for flimsy merchandise and to pay their shipping costs to boot, which for items weighing several ounces can be 7-10 dollars for the cheapest methods of shipping is criminal. Most recently, I ordered abut $100 worth of stuff from them and it never arrived. I called them up and someone named "David," who was supposedly management, told me that he would investigate and probably have a new order to me in a week. To make a long story short, he lied. It has been several months now, and he never made good on the order. Because I used a debit card, my bank wouldn't help me. If I had only used a credit card, I could've gotten justice

So to all of you who are thinking of ordering from Seidio in the future, my two words of advice: (1) don't purchase any wired headsets or adapters from them, (2) always use your credit card when dealing with them.

I'm sure a lot of you have had better experiences with Seidio, which you will contribute to this thread, but I felt it was my responsibility to the community to share this cautionary tale as well.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the great info over the years!!
    Hi,

When is the last time you and I (if I'm the David you are talking about) communicated? Did we talk by phone or email? If you'll give me a reference, I'll take care of it for you. I don't claim to be perfect, but if I've accidentally overlooked or forgotten to keep my word, I apologize. I put my email address in every post that I make on this website and usually ask people who are having extraordinary problems (and this definitely qualifies), to email me a phone number I can reach them at directly. We don't intentionally cheat anyone. If you email me a phone number where I can get hold of you, I will call you as soon as I receive it.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com

PS - Catchy title for a thread :>

Quote Originally Posted by crankerchick
    I agree. I've seen in a few other threads where a poster noted a problem with a Seidio product and David has replied. If he could see those posts buried deep in a thread, he will most certainly see this "I hate Seidio" thread. LOL.

I applaud your persistence and certainly feel for your situation. For your's (and Seidio's) sake, I hope David takes note and finally works with you. A lot of people on here will draw a conclusion about the company from this thread, regardless of anything positive done in other threads (note the loose stylus thread and all the help David has provided there). I'm one of the loose stylus customers, but my experience with Seidio and David specifically has been positive so far. However, I do understand that the customer service experience can be, and usually is, different for each person.
    Yes, David Silver will reponse this shortly. Customer service is our first priority. It will not go untoiced.

By the way, David Silver contact Inofrmation

832-204-1104 (direct line)
    davidsilver@seidio.com

David Chang
    seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

Quote Originally Posted by wezx

Please, just call me David - I used "David" for a litle while but got tired of always having to write in the quotation marks.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com

I would love to hear a response. He's been MIA for some time now. If he'd take his head out of the sand and respond, that would be more than he's done since April. I hope you're right. Let's wait and see.
    Looking at your initials, I can see what is what now. To clarify, I believe we had a FedEx claim in - which I did indeed place and have checked on persistently for several weeks without a resolution from them. I know that I told you that we had a good relationship with them and could probably work things out. Let's just explain the situation to those who might take your "Seidio just steals my money" literally. Correct me if I'm wrong, but FedEx delivered something to you - which you said they left outside your door instead of bringing it inside. They insist that they delivered it and since a signature wasn't required, feel that they had accomplished their mission. I have spoken several times to FedEx without resolution and have had nothing new to tell you. To infer that Seidio is stealing your money is an outright misrepresentation if not worse - and remembering your profession, I would think that you would be aware of that. Call me today, I'll pick up the phone and tell you exactly what I've stated here. If you feel that FedEx is completely under our jurisdiction and control and we can just force them to own up to their mistakes, is definitely a misconception. I have never dropped the issue, but I'm hitting a wall. If I'm not painting an accurate picture, please feel free to correct me, but I'm pretty sure I've summarized the events you're referring to. MIA - heck, I retired after 21 years in the Army. If they're still looking for me, then maybe they need to sharpen up a bit.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com

For the record, I NEVER promised to send you replacements within a week - I proposed that you reorder what you were missing and as soon as we could resolve the complaint, you would be compensated. This resolution has NOT occurred yet. I would much appreciate it if you would tell a whole story rather than a bunch of insinuations. If you have a problem with MY explanation, please feel free to publish it right here - I'll be happy to answer.
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 06-13-2006 at 11:56 AM.

I love drama and yes, always use a credit card with protection when dealing with businesses online.
    e-care's most wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Looking at your initials, I can see what is what now. To clarify, I believe we had a FedEx claim in - which I did indeed place and have checked on persistently for several weeks without a resolution from them. I know that I told you that we had a good relationship with them and could probably work things out. Let's just explain the situation to those who might take your "Seidio just steals my money" literally. Correct me if I'm wrong, but FedEx delivered something to you - which you said they left outside your door instead of bringing it inside. They insist that they delivered it and since a signature wasn't required, feel that they had accomplished their mission. I have spoken several times to FedEx without resolution and have had nothing new to tell you. To infer that Seidio is stealing your money is an outright misrepresentation if not worse - and remembering your profession, I would think that you would be aware of that. Call me today, I'll pick up the phone
    and tell you exactly what I've stated here. If you feel that FedEx is completely under our jurisdiction and control and we can just force them to own up to their mistakes, is definitely a misconception. I have never dropped the issue, but I'm hitting a wall. If I'm not painting an accurate picture, please feel free to correct me, but I'm pretty sure I've summarized the events you're referring to. MIA - heck, I retired after 21 years in the Army. If they're still looking for me, then maybe they need to sharpen up a bit.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com

For the record, I NEVER promised to send you replacements within a week - I proposed that you reorder what you were missing and as soon as we could resolve the complaint, you would be compensated. This resolution has NOT occurred yet. I would much appreciate it if you would tell a whole story rather than a bunch of insinuations. If you have a problem with MY explanation, please feel free to publish it right here - I'll be happy to answer.
    I WONDERED if perhaps we were only hearing one side of the story and of course there are always 3 sides to every story...looks like the 3rd side of the story might be more in Seidio's favor.
    Last edited by wezx; 06-13-2006 at 01:00 PM.

Not to but my nose in here BUT it is Seido's responsibility to guarantee the product got there. If they choose not to require signature, then that is their problem and they should either refund your money or replace the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdashing
    I love drama and yes, always use a credit card with protection when dealing with businesses online.
    AND brush your teeth after every meal, don't go into the water for at least an hour after eating, and only hand holding on the first date. Words to live by indeed...

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi,

When is the last time you and I (if I'm the David you are talking about) communicated? Did we talk by phone or email? If you'll give me a reference, I'll take care of it for you. I don't claim to be perfect, but if I've accidentally overlooked or forgotten to keep my word, I apologize. I put my email address in every post that I make on this website and usually ask people who are having extraordinary problems (and this definitely qualifies), to email me a phone number I can reach them at directly. We don't intentionally cheat anyone. If you email me a phone number where I can get hold of you, I will call you as soon as I receive it.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com

PS - Catchy title for a thread :>
    Aha a response!! Who knew that pdaphonehome was more effective than leaving a voice mail? I will contact David as he has invited me to and let you all know where it goes. And for the record, I have never stated nor do I now state that Seidio intentionally cheated me. Moreover, David has always been polite in our conversations. It's the follow up and failure to get this resolved that is the problem.
    PKi730

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzLitYr
    Not to but my nose in here BUT it is Seido's responsibility to guarantee the product got there. If they choose not to require signature, then that is their problem and they should either refund your money or replace the product.
    This has been my point all along. I never got it, period. The information that David initially gave me during our second conversation was that he checked with FedEx and FedEx claimed it was delivered yet there was no one who signed for it. Moreover, it was allegedly delivered to my office after office hours and left outside the office door. I should've gotten a credit on the spot. I don't understand how this became a long, drawn out thing. Again, I will certainly let you know if David redeems himself on this one.
    PKi730

This has been my point all along. I never got it, period. The information that David initially gave me during our second conversation was that he checked with FedEx and FedEx claimed it was delivered yet there was no one who signed for it. Moreover, it was allegedly delivered to my office after office hours and left outside the office door. I should've gotten a credit on the spot. I don't understand how this became a long, drawn out thing. Again, I will certainly let you know if David redeems himself on this one.
    The arena is hushed, the crowd unusually quiet. What will happen... Stay tuned! Actually, I called your office, but it was closed for the day. I did leave you a voicemail.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com