+ Reply to Thread

what ever happened to .mobi?

i don't know if anyone here would know this, or if this is even the right place to be asking this question...but whatever happened to the ".mobi" extension?

i don't know about anybody here, but i was seriously looking forward to a whole plethora of web sites that were optimized for viewing on the small screen. granted, there are already a pretty good number of sites that offer mobile versions, but to have websites that are *made* for phones is way better.

anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by sereneangel
    i don't know if anyone here would know this, or if this is even the right place to be asking this question...but whatever happened to the ".mobi" extension?

i don't know about anybody here, but i was seriously looking forward to a whole plethora of web sites that were optimized for viewing on the small screen. granted, there are already a pretty good number of sites that offer mobile versions, but to have websites that are *made* for phones is way better.

anybody?
    The same this that happened to wap. It was replaced with .com everyone wants full content which is where the handhelds are trying to go…

Its still new (not available) and its $109 per year....

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/tlds/mobi.asp?se=%2B