+ Reply to Thread

Hypothetical Questions Regarding VZW Contract and New Phone

I purchased my XV6700 last month and signed away my sole for 2 years in order to get the discounted price. I know of someone that just purchased a phone, but would like to upgrade to an XV6700 or a Moto Q.

How would their contract be affected if I were to purchase a new phone and sign up for yet another 2 year contract?

As an example, let's say my contract expires April 2008. If I were to purchase a XV6700/Moto Q in June 2006, what happens to the existing contract? Since I wouldn't be leaving VZW, I don't think there would be any consequences, but I'm not positive. Also, would the 2 year contract discount price still apply to the phone?

TIA
    Regards,
    Matt

You would have to pay full retail for the 6700 and your contract expiration stays the same.

Telcom/Network Consulant
    The only way to get a reduced price without getting a new contract would be to buy it on the secondary market (here, eBay, etc) and then have it activated under your current Verizon account. two comments though:
    1. To simplify getting it activated Make sure it is Verizon branded.
    2. Be aware that sometimes the reason it is being sold is that the person had issues with it and has reached the frustration level and wants to get rid of it. Remember I said SOMETIMES because other times they realize they just don't want the bill for its use.

Here's a couple of 'local' links

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/forums/members/rudiepoo1.html

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74128&highlight=sale+XV
    PPC 6700
    ROM 2.11.20 WWE dtd 4/4/06
    Radio Ver 1.15.00