+ Reply to Thread

Experiences with Seidio?

What's the story with Seidio? I am a new 6700 user in the market for some accessories--holster, protector, headset adapter, audio cable, etc.

From reviewing many threads, I've noticed numerous vendors that sell these items, including Pocket PC Techs and Seidio, to name a few. I've also noticed that posters seem to be quite polarized on their experiences and opinion of Seidio. Some people love the company and say their products are dependable, some people hate the company and say their products quickly fail.

I'm not trying to start a thread war, but why is there so much controversy over this vendor and their products? Or is it my imagination? Is it because they have so many sales? Am I likely to have a good experience or bad?

I've noticed that David from Seidio is a frequent poster; it seems that some readers view his posts as advertisements. The only thing I've noticed is that he frequently tends to mention that the components making up *his* company's products are 'the best available from Japan'; not sure of the significance of that.

Comments, anyone? I'm reluctant to buy a bunch of accessories from a particular vendor without knowing what I'm getting into.
    Last edited by cwaters; 06-26-2006 at 04:14 PM.

I've only noticed David responds to comments regarding Seidio that were first initiated by others (good or bad). I don't see any harm in that. I don't have any Seidio products so I can't comment on the quality. I do take the forum's members opinions of 3rd party products quite seriously. I would say make an informed decision, try it out, then add a review for us.

I have bought a couple of things from had small issue with them and emailed them and recieved promp email back and was taken care of. So I would recommend them.

The biggest significance about the 'best available from Japan' is, in purely my experience with computer parts, most Japanese parts (and media, etc) tend to fair better than cheaply mass produced ones from HK/China.

Seidio has been good to work with, so have their major competitors in the battery market (Lion Battery). Seidio has a ton of awesome accessories for the 6700 that work great.

I just bought their extended battery, holster, 3 way stylus, and audio jack converter and am extremely happy with the products, which were also shipped very quickly. I can't report on the longevity of course but it's likely better than buying something off ebay.

Thanks, everyone. I'm corresponding with David now and hope to have good experiences to share soon.

I understand and appreciate your comment about David's comments about Japanese parts and media being the 'best available', rennyn. However, David even uses that phrase when referring to their screen protectors! They use 'the premium material from Japan, ensuring the best quality along with the best fit, long-lasting, yet at the most affordable price.' Seems like a stretch (no pun intended).

Pleased so far with Seidio

I recently purchased the holster, screen protector and audio adapter, and so far I am happy with the service and products. I was just going to buy the audio adapter, but the shipping was a little high for single products, so I looked through the forum and decided to get the holster as well. The screen protector is great too - It's a lot better that trying to cut one down that is made for a different PPC