+ Reply to Thread

Does Seidio sell a bunch of junk?

Seems like every time I read these forums I find someone complaining about something they purchased from Seidio.

Quote Originally Posted by jmz768
    Seems like every time I read these forums I find someone complaining about something they purchased from Seidio.
    do you want us to post every single time we buy something from them and love it?

That's like saying "everytime I read these forums I feel that the 6700 has lots of problems"...I mean, it's a friggin help/complain forum, it's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by malatesta
    do you want us to post every single time we buy something from them and love it?

That's like saying "everytime I read these forums I feel that the 6700 has lots of problems"...I mean, it's a friggin help/complain forum, it's what we do.
    Well if they're the ones complained about the most wouldn't that tell you something about their products?

Well if they're the ones complained about the most wouldn't that tell you something about their products?
    Yup. That they're by far the most popular PPC6700 accessory retailer for most of the users on this forum. Thus most accessory problems will have their name attached.

And no, this wouldn't.

Unless we have some kind of measurement system to actually get an idea of # of complaints (vs. satisfied) it's just all random, useless observations. Not that reading critques aren't important but you simply can't draw conclusions from a couple of posts.

and like rennyn said, they're one of the biggest retailers out there for our phones, the Treo's and other PDAs--so they will not only draw the most business but also a larger share of complaints. Same could be said about Microsoft.

Reminds me of how people say:

Treo's have a lot of problems, have you read their forums? Get a 6700.

(then, in the Treo forums)

The 6700 has tons of problems, have you read their forums? Get a Treo.

Last edited by malatesta; 08-13-2006 at 04:49 PM.

I'm impressed by the back-up Seidio offers for their products. Often I see someone post a complaint, Seidio seems to patrol the forum and get back to them with a solution or contact to rectify the problem. We also tend to post the negatives here far more than positives as maybe someone has a BTDT/solution. Imagine if VZW/HTC/UTStarcom provided the support Seidio does, our lives would be much more pleasant.

Bob Duckworth
    My cellphone is smarter than your honor student.

i have several seidio items. love them

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I also have several items from Seidio. They are quite nice. No problems at all.
    Michael

You hear from complainers more than praisers. Seidio is a good company, that comments on these boards quite often. Yes there have been some issues, but they have worked hard to fix those issues, and make the situation right.

I think you can buy from Seidio without any worries, and if something is wrong, they will work to make it right.

Sam

Thumbs up I'm very satisfied with Seidio's Products and Service

I just wanted to relay my personal experience with Seidio….

I ordered the following products from Seidio and I'm very satisfied with their quality and functionality. I especially like the Aluminum case for the 6700; I feel it protects the phone extremely well.

The 2400 battery is wondrous! It goes for 2 days on my usage without recharge (heavy e-mail usage, low voice+internet usage).

3-IN-1 USB KIT (Car, A/C charger)
    Part#: TK4AMNR
    $24.95)

ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE PACKAGE FOR 6700 (Extended Battery, Stylus, Screen Protector)
    Part#: PK3B24SSP6700-BK
    ($49.95)

ALUMINUM CASE FOR EXTENDED BATTERY (SILVER OR BLACK)
    Part#: CSAP6700X-BK
    ($24.95)

SWIVEL CLIP HOLSTER (CRADLE TYPE)
    Part#: HLP6700AS3
    ($29.95)

In addition, I had a small issue with the screen protector bundled in the Performance Package; it was promptly rectified by Seidio.

I wholeheartedly recommend them to new buyers and certainly will buy from them other items in the future.

--Sam

Quote Originally Posted by mrailing
    You hear from complainers more than praisers. Seidio is a good company, that comments on these boards quite often. Yes there have been some issues, but they have worked hard to fix those issues, and make the situation right.

I think you can buy from Seidio without any worries, and if something is wrong, they will work to make it right.
    Hi mrailing,

Thanks for your vote of confidence. We spend as much time as possible on the forums to get user feedback, suggest new products, announce new products, and solve problems that customers may be having with us. As all should know, my email is always open :>

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi mrailing,

Thanks for your vote of confidence. We spend as much time as possible on the forums to get user feedback, suggest new products, announce new products, and solve problems that customers may be having with us. As all should know, my email is always open :>

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    See there ya go! those darn Seido people checking in on us and being responsive... thanks dave.

Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.