+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy NEED HELP! I am unemployed :(

Sorry Mods,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I couldn't find the appropriate forum for this thread but I am DESPERATE. This is an emergency and I am hoping someone here could help me.

I need a job.
    I have just completed my master's degree of science in industrial/ organizational psychology. I have a passion for psychometrics and perform very well in front of groups (i.e. training, motivation+ performance management).

The job market in San Diego is not as fruitful as I would have hoped.
    I will move ANYWHERE in the continental US to work. Is there anyone out there with some HR connections?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Please PM me with any leads. BTW: I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Here's my general resume:

I am a results-driven leader with expertise in Human Resources, Data Analysis, Performance Management, Training Evaluation, and Organizational Effectiveness; I am eagerly looking to contribute my talents toward actively supporting a dynamic organization that is consistently looking to improve its performance.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

GAETANO’S RESTAURANT• San Diego, CA January 1992 to Present

Internal OD Consultant/ Senior Manager
    • Conducting Job/Task Analysis
    • Developing and conducting customer and employee surveys, data analysis and subsequent process/system realignment/adjustment
    • Developing performance-based Compensation Systems
    • Training Effectiveness Evaluation and Utility Analysis
    • Responsible for all aspects of personnel recruitment, selection, training, performance appraisal./management, and employee retention

DR. R. EPSTEIN • Vista, CA December 2005 to May 2006

Intern
    • Organizing and developing managerial training validation/effectiveness study
    • Coordinating with different HR directors to conduct needs assessment for training programs
    • Developed marketing strategy for distribution of managerial and employee online skill inventories

EDUCATION
    Master’s of Science Degree in Industrial / Organizational Psychology, 2006
    • Expertise in Performance Management & Training Evaluation
    • Emphasis in Human Resources Effectiveness

COMPUTER SKILLS/ SPECIAL LICENSES
    Microsoft Office SPSSMicrosoft Operating Systems Computer Networking AdministrationComputer Hardware/Software MaintenanceAdobe PhotoshopSonarSoundForgeMicrosoft Movie Maker

Good luck but I can think of about a 100 different places than this that would net better results when looking for a job.

Thanks, but I am at my wit's end. I've tried CL and monster etc. Any tips?

TIA

http://www.jobkabob.com/

Try that one, its relatively knew.
    Check out my iAdviseMe (IT Advisories), i9erNews (49er news), iGreen (Green News) or my iGossip (celeb News) Apps at: http://www.iadvise.me/

Welcome to the real world. Experience and connections are FAR more important than a education. That's something they don't teach you... Good luck!

Thanks,
    I'm on it!

Go to craigslist.com and then go to a particular area and then look up job categories.

Exclamation

Try looking for work at www.indeed.com

It's a great website that searches a lot more search engines than just monster, careerbuilder, etc.

I am unemployed and looking too. I've found a lot of leads on this site that don't show up on others.

Good luck to you. It's a full-time job just trying to find one!

Shelley in Ohio

Thanks for all your input. Since I've posted the original thread, I've followed your advice and landed two interviews! Thanks for your help and wish me luck!

Sandie - Good Luck with your interviews. I will say a prayer for you. I have two also next week. Please remember me also!

*hugs*
    Shelley from Ohio

shelleys_shadow@yahoo.com

Good luck finding a job mate - I know what a tough road it can be but I am sure you will find something you love.

Bryan

"I'm not going anywhere NEAR that sabertooth snatch of yours." - Dr. Christian Troy