+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Woot Off today!

Woot Off today!

To those of you who regularly woot!, you already know it is going on. To those that occassionally woot!, you are going to rush over there (www.woot.com). To those those who don't have the foggiest idea of what I'm talking about...

Woot.com is a site where they normally sell one thing per day, until they sell out of how ever many they decide to sell that day. Always the best price around, and always 5$ shipping. (+tax if you live in Tx ) Wide variety of things, definitely worth checking out on a daily basis.

Anyway, once in a blue moon (once a month actually?) they run a woot! off. They post an item, sell so many, then post another. Some only last seconds or minutes. Exciting times to the regular woot! visitors. It's been taken to an extreme form, nearly cultish for the regular community. You can even log on to sites that will keep you updated with what percentage are left--or download a program that will do the same (waiting for a ppc version--any takers?).

So check it out at www.woot.com .

Okay, I just realized I am a total geek for posting this. Then again, if you are here and reading posts in the lounge, so are you!
    Jeremiah 29:11

Wow---no replies and only 20 views. Must not be a lot of Wooters out there, or not much traffic in the Lounge. It is a little dusty in here; even Sloppy hasn't been seen in ages....

Well, the woot-off went 2 days, and was pretty good. I only bought 2 items---a Sandisk 256mb mp3 player (for the 10 yr old) for $12 and a quartet of a syrah (wine) for $40. Good times....

I watched for while, but got bored, and nothing good came up for me to spend my money on. I appreciate you saying there was a woot off, but I didn't jump on anything they offered.

-Michael

Late notice---we're in day 2 of the next woot-off. I got lucky and got a "bag of crap" (a holy grail of wooters). Anyway, stop by and see what is selling on www.woot.com .

BUMP, it's happening right now!

Been going there for almost a year now. Picked up a bluetooth headset for 20 bucks last month. Work great with the A2DP patch.

The white Logitechs? I got that one too. Got me BOC x 3 last woot off! (giddy with excitement as I wait for the box....)

Yea, WOOT rocks. A lot of the time however they have items that are priced too high (TV's, etc.)

It's the first thing I check each morning. Or at 12 if I'm up late.

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    ok MW, what was in the BOCs? Anything good? I watched a lot of the last Woot! off and I am guessing they drop another before the holidays.

Mark

1st BOC--I only got "one"--Samsonite camera bag, Little plastic coke bottle/squirt gun.

2nd BOC--got "three"--another Samsonite camera bag, 6 gel pens, 1 Thermos beer glass, and....a brand new Roboraptor! ($99.99 price tag still on it). Total score!

They usually run the Woot Offs once a month; the elusive BOC isn't offered each Woot off---it had been every other one until this last one.

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Woot Off!! Today 12/7/06!!!!!!!!!!!!