+ Reply to Thread

Post Sprint Sets 4G Agenda with Mobile WiMAX

http://www.telecommagazine.com/newsglobe/article.asp?HH_ID=AR_2319

Interesting Read.

On another note, Sprint has released their first EVDO Rev. A PCMCI card,
    And according to this article "Sprint said. The first Rev. A products will be wireless laptop-PC modems in the PCMCIA Type II, USB and ExpressCard form factors. Rev. A accelerates data download speeds to a theoretical 3.1Mbps from 2.4Mbps and accelerates upload speeds from 135Kbps to 1.8Mbps. On average, however, real-world download speeds for individual subscribers will accelerate to 450-800kbps from 400-700kbps, Sprint said.
    Last edited by Kushed; 08-25-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Tech Addict
    Been drooling over Sprint's forthcoming WiMax rollout for while.... Just wish it was up and running here... right now, lol...

Cheers,
    R

I'm still waiting for just plain EVDO in my area.

I'm just waiting for the day when you can buy a cell phone (or rather, a mobile IP phone) from whoever you want, running on Wimax or something, and then just go to Sprint or whatever mobile internet provider you want to get access for it... with all voice going as VOIP. Then you could take the thing overseas, for example, and use your exact same phone number on some random person's wifi, if you wanted... among other possibilities.

the upload speeds for rev A sound great... but the download speeds dont sound like there worth that much trouble, i mean the average speeds are hardly improved... and if you mostly just surg the web, download is a lot more valuable than upload