+ Reply to Thread

Slingbox users???

I dont know why this thread was moved but does anyone know the answer to the question in this thread?

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...box-users.html

I have people form this forum and the slingcommunity forum saying two separate things...check out the link in it...so WHO is right

Last edited by jmz768; 09-01-2006 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmz768
    You need a router.

Well DUH....did you read the whole thread and slingcomunity thread? CAn I hoo it up WITH THE CONNECTION THAT I ALREADY HAVE and just adding the router and NOT nedding Ethernet?

Everyone is telling you the same thing.

Hook up you cable modem to a new router/switch via Ethernet. Attach your computer AND your slingbox to the router via Ethernet.

On all of the cable modems I have seen, they have both a USB and an Ethernet port, but you can only use one at a time. I suppose that there could be ones I haven't seen that this is not true.

yes you need a router.. you can't use usb and ethernet simoultaniously.

as mentioned already: get a router (cheap these days) connect your modems ethernet to the router, then connect the router to your computer and slingbox.

i ordered a slingbox and it should arrive today, i'll post any additional info once i set it up.

People I do not have an ethernet card or even an ethernet jack on the back of my computer...I use a cable modem hooked up to the USB. So can I still hook this up?

so what is the problem getting a NIC for your computer? ethernet is better than using usb.

you can still connect the slingbox but you won't be able to have you computer and slingbox connected to the internet at the sametime... only suggestion if you want to continue with that setup is to disconnect your usb on your computer to the modem and plug the ethernet to the slingbox when you want to use sling outside your home..

camholms,

How have you even figured out how to use a computer?