+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Seidio Customer Service Stinks

I Have the Seidio Rubberized Case For The Xv6700 After reading About It On Pdaphone Forums I Purchased The Case. After 1 week The Left Top Tab Broke Off
    I contacted Seidio By Phone And Was Told They Are Aware Of The Problem With The Case , But I had to Submit The Problem Through The Seidio Website . I Did This And Never Got A Response.
    I waited Another Week And Contacted Customer Service By Phone Again, The Service Rep Told Me A New Case Had Been Shipped Out On 12-7-06 And They Would Send A email To Confirm. Here We Are 12-16-06 No E_mail ,No New Case. Is this The Type Of Company We Should Buy From I Paid Almost $80 For The Case And Holster ANd I Can't Seem To Get My Problem Resloved Any Ideas Or Help Will Be Appreciated Thanks Rod07

I put in my order for mine last sunday and i have yet to receive my tracking
    number or package.

They definitely have some issues.

When you shop on their web site, do not shop on a Saturday. The shipping charges are much higher, and they don't seem aware of this. I wrote in after getting an "express saver" shipping estimate (via the web site) of $31.33 for an order containing a cradle and a battery. Order total was $103, and I thought that shipping seemed high. I expected something in the range of $15-20 for regular fedex saver (this is not 2nd day or overnight). When I emailed back after saying that the shipping price had dropped to $19 as of Monday, they told me I must have had different items in my cart.

Well now it's saturday again, so I put the same two items in my shopping cart and the shipping is back up to $31.33!

So if you shop with Seidio, do not do it on a Saturday. Their web site is probably taking into account Saturday extra delivery charges and they either don't realize it or they're not willing to admit it, even though of course your order wouldn't be fulfilled on a Saturday and you're not specifying Saturday delivery.

Obviously it's not a major beef, but it could save you $10 or more on your order. I know online shoppers sometimes make mistakes, but web programmers do also and I don't like it when it's assumed that it is the customer's fault without anyone bothering to look into it. As a web merchant myself, to me this speaks volumes. I would never pull that on a customer.

its a known issue that seidio customer service sucks
    d6l9p
    Peace Within

While I would agree that there are definately some communication issues in their customer service, in my experience they have resolved every issue I have had. They have sent 2 replacement cases because of problems with them and they are shipping me another holster because of a problem with the swivel clip. When I had a problem with the stylus/pen they shipped me out a replacement AND a spare. I have definately had trouble contacting their customer service directly, but when that happens I send an email to David from Seidio who posts here regulary and he takes care of it immediately for me. NO, I don't work for Seidio...if you have trouble contact David from Seidio. He ALWAYS promptly returns my emails and makes it happen.

I've seen better, but I've also seen worse.

I ordered a headset, which didn't work properly on my XV6700 (there's something about the jack on that model, so I don't totally blame Seidio). They were a little slow in giving me an RMA and in refunding my money, but they did both, without extensive effort on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by ROD07
    I Have the Seidio Rubberized Case For The Xv6700 After reading...Ideas Or Help Will Be Appreciated Thanks Rod07
    We apologize for the problems you're having with your RMA. Please contact Customer Service at 832-204-1118 and ask for Margaret (our Customer Service Manager).

Quote Originally Posted by 2L8I1
    I put in my order for mine last sunday and i have yet to receive my tracking
    number or package.
    Did you ever receive your package? If not, please contact Customer Service at 832-204-1118 and ask for Margaret.

Quote Originally Posted by haus
    They definitely have some issues.

When you shop on their web site, do not shop on a Saturday. The shipping charges are much higher, and they don't seem aware of this. I wrote in after getting an "express saver" shipping estimate (via the web site) of $31.33 for an order containing a cradle and a battery. Order total was $103, and I thought that shipping seemed high. I expected something in the range of $15-20 for regular fedex saver (this is not 2nd day or overnight). When I emailed back after saying that the shipping price had dropped to $19 as of Monday, they told me I must have had different items in my cart.

Well now it's saturday again, so I put the same two items in my shopping cart and the shipping is back up to $31.33!

So if you shop with Seidio, do not do it on a Saturday. Their web site is probably taking into account Saturday extra delivery charges and they either don't realize it or they're not willing to admit it, even though of course your order wouldn't be fulfilled on a Saturday and you're not specifying Saturday delivery.

Obviously it's not a major beef, but it could save you $10 or more on your order. I know online shoppers sometimes make mistakes, but web programmers do also and I don't like it when it's assumed that it is the customer's fault without anyone bothering to look into it. As a web merchant myself, to me this speaks volumes. I would never pull that on a customer.
    Thank you for your input. I will bring this to the attention of our programmers and see what we can do.

Thanks,

Seidio