+ Reply to Thread

Brutal Wars for PocketPC free today at giveawayoftheday.com

I just was doing a search for Pocket PC games - I don't usually browse through commercial ones (I'm a freeware/open source kinda guy), but I ran accross a site that gives away a game per day. Today they have a Pocket PC game, Brutal Wars. It's not a time-limited demo, and it's not an adware thing either (I just installed it and ran every spyware/adware/virus check I've got). As far as I can tell, it's a legit advertising gimmick to get the word out about certain games.

The only catch is that they enforce a policy that it's a one-day only dea. It has to be installed today. YOu can get it at http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/brutal-wars/.

When you run it, the wrapper installer will check to make sure the offer hasn't expired, then will offer to install both the PC and PPC versions. DO NOT HAVE YOUR PPC PLUGGED IN YET. The installer deletes the cab file after it goes into the game's directory on your PC. Copy that cab file (bw.cab) somewhere else, in case you do a hard reset later and want to reinstall the game. As far as I can tell, there is nothing in the license that forbids this - my read is that I am a licensed owner of the game now. After the installer finishes, you get a popup that gives you the license key for both the PC and PPC versions. Take this down and save it! I have a file on my PPC for reg keys.

There is only a little more than five hours left. Good luck.

edit: The other catch I forgot to mention (but seems minor to me) is that there is no free support for free versions.
    Last edited by Reven; 01-13-2007 at 08:50 PM.