+ Reply to Thread

seidioonline.com very poorly run biz

I ordered the 3200ma battery sunday. Monday I get an email saying its out of stock. There was NO out of stock mention on their website or on the order.

I call monday to find out wtf the problem is. They say it just arrived and would be shipping asap.

I say fine.

Monday night I get another email saying its out of stock again.

I send an email asking wtf is is going on.

I get a reply saying sorry its out of stock for aprox 1 week

I send reply email telling them what Ive been told about stock and shipping.

I get another back saying sorry.

I call tue. and ask whats going on. I get another sorry and "would I like to cancel"?

This is a load of krap if you ask me.

Buyer beware of this company!

Maybe they had some come in and filled the orders in the order in which they came in? From what I understand that is a really good battery and its very possible that they have trouble keeping them on the shelves.

Ive ordered a few things from Seidio and havent had any issues. If they were trying to pull a fast one they wouldnt ask if you wanted to cancel. They would try to string you along with stupid answers until they had them in again and do whatever it took to not give your money back.

Not every ecommerce site has live links to current item inventory, and from my experience the ones that do aren't accurate half the time anyway. Unless Seidio charged your CC without shipping the item I fail to see what the big deal is. This is a popular item so they are probably hand to mouth with their Asian supplier. They kept you aware of what was going on and gave you the option to cancel your order.

Über-converged
    I dont see what your beef with them is. They are out of stock. What do u want them to do? And since they were out of stock, they asked you if you wanted to cancel the order. That is good customer service IMO. A bad company would not have offered you the option to cancel. Like I said, they are out of stock. What do u want them to do?

I really like seidio. They have great quality product, and very fast service and shipping. I look there first for my accessory needs.
    Palm IIIe > Palm IIIxe > Zire71 + Samsung a660 > PPC-6700 > Sprint PPC-6800 Mogul
    Help make your wireless company fair

I won't say it's a dishonest organization. I think they really try to do right by their customers, but I know they've made some serious communication errors in regards to advertising product features. Anyone remember the audio/mic adaptor fiasco?
    Do you want to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at realtorva@verizon.net

From the heart of the Ghetto...
    Hmm... I just ordered a RUBBERIZED CASE from them... I hope it arrives okay...lol

beefs

some recent beefs...

1. They still don't take PayPal
    2. Site says they have NO stock of 6700 black rubber case (with battery cutout), but when I called CustServ they said they DO have them in stock.
    3. Prices seem a bit high (can't accept $50 for a rubber case/skin + holster)
    4. Recent order arrived with a damaged belt clip that broke the first time I tried to snap it to a hardcase.
    5. Sent them a message asking for a replacement clip, and they want me to send back the whole case AND the broken clip, for a turnaround of 1-2 week replacement.
    Palm V...Kyocera 6035...7135...Samsung i700...i600...i730...UTS xv6700...Samsung i760...HTC Touch Pro2...iPhone 4s

Quote Originally Posted by bakpedal
    some recent beefs...

4. Recent order arrived with a damaged belt clip that broke the first time I tried to snap it to a hardcase.
    5. Sent them a message asking for a replacement clip, and they want me to send back the whole case AND the broken clip, for a turnaround of 1-2 week replacement.
    My holster broke after a month -- it only turns 180 degrees horizontal and won't lock into a vertical position. I got an RMA number from them and they said same thing about it taking 1-2 weeks processing.

I emailed David over there about this and haven't heard a word back from him. I called a second lady at customer service (when I found how long the processing time was) and she told me to send the holster back with a UPS tracking number and they'll send me another one at the same time. She also told that when I made the RMA request I should requested an "expedited RMA" which the first person I talked to over there didn't mention. The problem I have with this is that I still won't have a holster until it arrives in the mail. I can use the current broken one in a horizontal position - my other 6 orders have been fine but I'm not sure that I'll recommend Seidio to anyone else after this.
    Last edited by BK111968; 02-28-2007 at 04:37 PM.

I thought I was alone in my disgust with them.

Overall, I've had pretty good experiences with Seidio. Their customer service is especially helpful over the phone. I've purchased several items from them and returned a few for various reasons (breakage, bad fit, etc.). The only gripe I have, and it's a small one, is that it takes them longer than the 24-48 hours for them to send you an RMA. I usually have to call to bug them a bit. The impression that I get is that it's a small outfit who is growing rapidly and experiencing some growing pains. What they used to handle with one person answering the phone probably isn't cutting it for them any longer.

current shipping turnaround...

I broke down and placed an order the other day from Seidio, requesting USPS Priority Mail, hoping to receive fairly fast.

However, according to their shipping confirmation email, it appears they took about 2 days to get it mailed. In all fairness, I placed my order in the early evening, and the shipping confirmation email came almost exactly 48 hours later, so I'm not sure when the item went out earlier that day.

I guess I've come to expect fairly fast shipping turnaround time on non-eBay online purchases these days, so this seems like slow shipping response. Is this typical for Seidio?
    Palm V...Kyocera 6035...7135...Samsung i700...i600...i730...UTS xv6700...Samsung i760...HTC Touch Pro2...iPhone 4s