+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Find BigJ's latest rom-v9.5-on ED2K

PPCGEEKS.COM down?

Over the past couple of days, PPCGEEKS.COM, the birthplace of the ROM kitchen, has been down or unstable. Any news from anyone as to why? Just curious.

Jack

I was on late last night...I am unable to get in through my work Internet circuits or at home right now...
    Bryan

"I'm not going anywhere NEAR that sabertooth snatch of yours." - Dr. Christian Troy

Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    I was on late last night...I am unable to get in through my work Internet circuits or at home right now...

Same here, it's been up/down all day. Not sure what is going on though.
    PPC-6700
    ROM Version:2.06.00 WWE

It worked fine this morning for almost an hour. now that i try to get back on it it gives me an 500 internal server error.
    about as kosher as a ham and cheese sandwich

It's a growing pains problem. They are on a shared server, so now that the site is getting quite a bit bigger, they are exceeding their allowable memory footprint on the server, so the host is killing off their processes. Mike aka Wideawake is working on some scripts that should reduce the memory footprint and hopefully put an end to these problems.
    Projects: (PeraStats 1.6.5) (PeraCount with Clock 1.2.5) (PeraCount 1.2.5) (PeraProfiler 1.1.5) (S2U2Lock 1.0)

Find BigJ's latest rom-v9.5-on ED2K
    I wanted to let people subscribed to this thread that http:\\ppcgeeks.com appears to be back up and running now as of early this morning.

What's up with PPCGeeks?

Whats going on over at PPCGeeks? it seems to be down. I don't know how long i can go without my FIX It has been too long since my last ROM FLASH

Maybe their rom killed more than some ppc's ?

Saridnour's 3.5 is pretty solid. He was on the verge of releasing version six too. I hope the site will be up soon.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I have been waiting for pr6 as well. All I get is:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ppcgeeks.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikemn
    I have been waiting for pr6 as well. All I get is:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ppcgeeks.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    The site has been going in and out for at least a week though so something's up.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

PPCGeeks is hosted by Dreamhost, and the server they are using is currently having some issues as reported by Dreamhost:

http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/

(Geyser is the name of the server that PPCGeeks is being hosted on)

Quote Originally Posted by pdx77
    PPCGeeks is hosted by Dreamhost, and the server they are using is currently having some issues as reported by Dreamhost:

http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/

(Geyser is the name of the server that PPCGeeks is being hosted on)

Thanks for the link.
    PPC-6700
    ROM Version:2.06.00 WWE

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy
    Thanks for the link.
    No problem, my site is also hosted by Dreamhost, but my server is running just fine, so I check that page often for updates and noticed that Geyser was listed on it.

I have noticed this problem started a little over the weekend, the poof! gone for 2days?...

I was able to access the ftp for downloads, no problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx134
    I have noticed this problem started a little over the weekend, the poof! gone for 2days?...

Yeah, same here. That's because their FTP server is hosted on another machine that seems to be working. Hopefully Dreamhost will resolve this issue fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx134

Can you send me a link to the ftp?

They have implemented new hardware and it should be back up once DNS propagates...but anyone that knows about DNS, it could take 24 - 48 hours.
    Bryan

"I'm not going anywhere NEAR that sabertooth snatch of yours." - Dr. Christian Troy

Hack-a-holic
    Anyone know the IP address of the new server? We should be able to access it that way...

SatelliteGuys.US
    If you cant get up I would be happy to host it on my server at no charge in hope of keeping the great Apache Projects ALIVE.

I appreciate all the work you guys are doing in the "kitchen".

Scott
    SatelliteGuys.US