+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up Safari Browser for Windows !!!!!!

This is so cool........its a free Beta that Apple is offering. get it while its hot.
    Apple
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    I loaded it Safari and one big problem I'm having is that I can't scale the window... it seems to be fixed to the full vertical dimension of my screen, and 1/2 of the horizontal dimension. Is there a way to scale the window? It seems like they should have tried to stick with Windows control styling for the Windows version. It looks a bit odd compared to other windows. It is pretty fast though.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Mike, never mind its loaded with bugs. Also there has been a vulnerability issue this morning and a worm has got to it. So stop using it, delete the entire program till Apple fixes it. Sorry.
    Yeah, its fast.......
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Go sell crazy somewhere else ... austinbrady's Avatar
    WOW...
    What a shame.
    Nice heads up equus!
    Thanks!
    Best Regards,
    Peace and Prosperity
    Austin A. Brady

if you can read this you've selected text!!! :)

According to slashdot, Apple updated Safari for Windows to address some of the security issues. See Slashdot | Safari 3 Beta Updated, Security Problems Fixed for details. I have not tried the latest version (3.0.1 according to Apple's download site) yet.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I downloaded the latest version the other day and have been trying it out. It's good so far, and it's noticably faster than IE or Firefox 2, but I'm not so sure that I would make it my default browser by any means. When I got my wife her iMac late last year Safari was horrible (and current version still is) because it would just sit there and spin its wheels on something like Gmail. The new version works far better but still has issue with Javascript applications (i.e. Google Talk interface in Gmail web client) and a few plugin bugs that I've seen.

IE7 is still my current favorite for a few reasons, for one I have Hotmail and can use my account for Windows Live favorites (which is great!) and it's a lot more developer friendly than IE6 ever dreamed of being. I still have to fight back and forth between it and Mozilla products between Javascript and CSS but IE7 is much improved and still what I recommend everyone to use unless they're worried about development. On a side note the new Opera is pretty nice as well, but along the lines of Firefox about how it handles some plugin based sites.

not so fast here. since the install, other browsers actually seem to lag while it's open.

FYI, Apple just released another version yesterday. See Safari 3.0.2 beta improves Mail, iChat support - Yahoo! News
    for details.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)