+ Reply to Thread

Talking In love again and its not puppy love !!!

Maybe I should not say this, but I did ask permission from a very good dear friend of mine who works for Apple here in San Jose. This is what he was able to reveal>>>>> touch-screen is fine, no problems at all with texting or dialing>>>>>> double-touch errors are NOT an issue as it is "smart" to note what the user intends to do. I don't know how this is accomplished but he told me Andy I could not reveal that but trust me it is awesome. About the flick part, it is the same as scrolling thru a web page using the mouse gestures. It can be tweaked to user requirements or adjustments. UI is cool too and he said trust me there will be quite a few UI's an user can change to. Home screens can be changed to whatever the user wants to via the camera function or iTunes or just plain file transfer. He was kind of surprised that people are not aware of the fact that Apple WILL provide insurance on it. I asked him how come there is no reference to it in ANY ad? He was not sure what to answer as he truly was surprised himself. I told him that what is going to hold me back a little would be the device insurance>>>> to which he said don't worry Andy I got you covered, BUT what about the public is what I asked..........he still said there is insurance on it and he hoped it would show up on ads soon, but he said please don't hold me to it . I asked him could I see it, play with it....he said YES. SO this morning I went about my merry way, lied to my wife, to meet him "behind a dark alley" and man oh man I am in love again...that feeling of love at first sight when you were a teenager, , it came back to me, I did not want to give it back , I wanted to knock him over the head with a baseball bat, throw him under the bus and run with the iPhone ........dang it I have a family to worry about hence I could not do that, besides how could I come to this forum and tell you all this!!!!. Folks I have made up my mind..........I am going over to the dark side. DONE, I had never dreamt I would leave VZW after all these years, boy oh boy well this device has brought the sparkle in my eyes and the dance in my step and I am in love.
    Now to say a few things about the phone........geez, its so easy to dial a contact, camera functions are so easy to get to, calendar is "SWEET"..... way I see it I don't think it needs ANY third party software to make it work any better, Apple has it all there for you. I wish I could post pictures but he pleaded to me not to do it as it would cost him his job. Calls were so clear, man oh man I wonder what at&t did for that clarity, was it the phone stack or at&t's line quality. I called my wife on the BT I use paired to it and she never knew I was on a BT headset. Pairing took exactly 20 seconds. His set had "voice dialing" on it which did not NEED training. I am not sure was this in the ad?....I am so excited I can't even type. Movies were so clear, crisp and NO skipping. Speakerphone was frigging loud, damn it was loud and it NEVER once had any cracking sound. Ipod function was awesome, similar to ANY iPod so thats a no brainer. He did say it gives him exactly 5 hours of true talk time and I trust what he says. Screen was so crisp and bright.
    Dang it I wish VZW had made deals to get this. I am gonna stand in line on the 29th, buy me this "toy", go home get yelled at by the wife, make a deal with her to wash dishes, clothes for the next 20 or so odd years and promise to listen to her when she is talking!!!!!

This is a copy of what I posted in the Verizon Customer Council
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    I am also considering getting this for my wife.
    I will hold solid for the i760.....although I dont know why?

Ok, now that I have had this iPhone for the past five days, I am still in love. What the retail unit does NOT have that the test unit I my friend let me play with for a few hours
    1. Voice Dialing
    2.tap gesture adjustments
    3. MMS
    4. Cut,copy & paste
    Apple Care is what it will be called IF in case there are some snafus with the iPhone.

As I see now Apple can release some updates to this as I have seen the other unit. I remember the unit I saw had a rev number of 1.0.5 and our units are at rev 1.0. So I guess we will wait to see when this comes out. Knowing Apple they will release fixes SOON...........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails In love again and its not puppy love !!!-itunes-screen-shot.jpg   In love again and its not puppy love !!!-screenshot002.jpg  
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

LOL! I am in love with my iPhone too. The wife is quite jealous, actually, and even accused me of spending more time with my iPhone in Hawaii than with her.
    John

my iphone rules! i love it to death