+ Reply to Thread

Seidio Shipping Charges SUCKS!!!

First off let me say that I am a big fan of Seidio products. Within the last 2 years I have spent hundreds of dollars on Seidio products for various phones. However, I am very disappointed in Seidio because they have not lowered their shipping charges. I mean this morning I just ordered an extended battery, silicone skin, and a rubberized case/holster combo for my 700wx. Seidio charged me $14.25 for shipping, that was the cheapest!!!

Seidio what up with that?!?!?

I also have a 6800 and would like to eventually purchase an extended battery for it, but if the shipping charges dont drop down then I will have to purchase my Seidio products elsewhere.
    I'm your idol, your highest title, numero uno

Jackwins

Shipping charges are where a lot of internet companies make their money. They advertise at lower than retail prices, but then make a portion of their money back on shipping. Sucks, but it's reality.

Quote Originally Posted by SpineDoc View Post
    Shipping charges are where a lot of internet companies make their money. They advertise at lower than retail prices, but then make a portion of their money back on shipping. Sucks, but it's reality.
    That is a true enough comment - in general (eBay a great case in point).

BUT, I think it's not a relevant response to Seidio's shipping costs. For heaven's sake - $30 for a plastic holster?! They're making a good margin on product, and don't have to jack up shipping.

I agree, it is double dipping.

SatelliteGuys.US
    All that stuff together is less then a pound, if its going ground then yes $14 is too much.

Under current seidio shipping, if you order a PPC 6800 holster, you will pay $ 34.95 shipped ($ 29.95 plus $4.95 shipping)

Seidio,

I ordered a holster/rubberized hard case combo, a skin, and an extended battery. The total weight is at most 1.5 pounds. Why would regular ground shipping cost over $14.00?

I purchase a lot via the internet and I have NEVER, EVER been charged this much shipping for so little. Seidio please explain why you charge so much.
    I'm your idol, your highest title, numero uno

Jackwins

Technology Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jackwins View Post
    Seidio,

I ordered a holster/rubberized hard case combo, a skin, and an extended battery. The total weight is at most 1.5 pounds. Why would regular ground shipping cost over $14.00?

I purchase a lot via the internet and I have NEVER, EVER been charged this much shipping for so little. Seidio please explain why you charge so much.
    Is it possible that they don't combine shipping? If that is the case, I would cancel the online order and call them directly.

-boom

Maybe they charge shipping per each item as it is possible that they are shipped individually. Either way if shipping was about $4-$5 an item, about $14-$15 for 3 items makes sense.

As for the $30 holster, I'd like to pay as little as possible, but these guys have come out with a solution for the phone within like a month of the phone being out. It is not cheap (and risky) to develop and market new accessories for a product that just came out. I'm sure they have added a profit margin to that price but these are not exactly high-volume items -- at least not yet, and they deserve to make a profit so they can stay in business and employ people.

I'm not sure how many of the people complaining about paying about $4-5 an item here for shipping has ever owned a small business. Own one and you will understand. It is not easy to make a profit selling relatively low volume items. Without making a sufficient profit, the company will cease to exist.

PDAPhone Virgin
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBSRFRINMD View Post
    Maybe they charge shipping per each item as it is possible that they are shipped individually. Either way if shipping was about $4-$5 an item, about $14-$15 for 3 items makes sense.
    If the above is true then they should state that.

As for the $30 holster, I'd like to pay as little as possible, but these guys have come out with a solution for the phone within like a month of the phone being out. It is not cheap (and risky) to develop and market new accessories for a product that just came out. I'm sure they have added a profit margin to that price but these are not exactly high-volume items -- at least not yet, and they deserve to make a profit so they can stay in business and employ people.
    No argument here. I totally agree that being first to market carries a premium and one should expect to pay it. This was not the OP's issue and is a totally different topic.

I'm not sure how many of the people complaining about paying about $4-5 an item here for shipping has ever owned a small business. Own one and you will understand. It is not easy to make a profit selling relatively low volume items. Without making a sufficient profit, the company will cease to exist.
    I don't agree with this. If a companies needs to fleece its customers with inflated shipping charges then its business model is flawed.

I'm still on the fence with this company and have an e-mail into them as I type. Their office is "right down the street" from mine and when I called them to place an order was told I had to have it shipped and I could not pick it up. Even though I want their product I will not pay $12-$15 to have it delivered two blocks away.