+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PDA Phones

PDA Phones

First Off Im New With These PDA Phone. My First PDA Phone Was An 700wx Treo. I Had That Thing For 5days, And Brought It Back To Sprint. Because It Was To Difficult. So I Had Gotten The PPC-6700. Why We Pay Almost 500dollars on a phone that a regular phone can almost do. It really dont make any since to me

From the heart of the Ghetto...
    for me...

GEEK FACTOR

LOL

This is really crazy. the phone dont ring as loud. you cant put ringtones on your storage card unless you gonna have problems. when people or trying to call. its all kind of bs with pda phones

From the heart of the Ghetto...
    I agree, it does not perform well as a PHONE... But if I wanted a plain old phone, I would have gotten that...

I got mine mostly so I can keep track of my appointments and where I have to be... I used to try and use a cell phone for that function but it just did not cut it, so PDA route I went... But now looking at all these Smartphones, I may head back...

Until then, 6700 Junkie I Am

IT Goofball

should have gotten an iPhone

seriously...

that's what the first Apple PC computer did for the public. It taught us to prepare for new technology that's different, yet challenging because it's new and we were just learning to comprehend its' capabilities.

Same applies for PPC devices, or all in one devices...it'll take another good 10 years before the public will be tech savvy with their mobile all in ones.

The iPhone is just a basic means to teach the public what technology is capable of, and what to prepare for.

Just my 2 cents.

James

Quote Originally Posted by hardhead7_504 View Post
    First Off Im New With These PDA Phone. My First PDA Phone Was An 700wx Treo. I Had That Thing For 5days, And Brought It Back To Sprint. Because It Was To Difficult. So I Had Gotten The PPC-6700. Why We Pay Almost 500dollars on a phone that a regular phone can almost do. It really dont make any since to me
    Why did you think that the 6700 would be any easier?

I use the 6700 because of the range of applications I can install and run. For instance, I can connect via VPN to my client's networks and perform IT related tasks on their UNIX, Linux, and Windows systems even if I am out camping. Can your "regular" phone do that?

IT Goofball
    Quote Originally Posted by Teran View Post
    Why did you think that the 6700 would be any easier?

I use the 6700 because of the range of applications I can install and run. For instance, I can connect via VPN to my client's networks and perform IT related tasks on their UNIX, Linux, and Windows systems even if I am out camping. Can your "regular" phone do that?
    In other words...these PPC devices were not made for folks wanting to customize ring tones, mp3s, take pictures/videos, etc...but it's more of a tech tool with unlimited abilities. I use it a lot for remote work as well, and I can customize the hell out of it. Just takes someone who is tech savvy to do so, and I'm sorry it's frustrating for newbies attempting to get the hang of these ppc devices.

iPhone is good! not!

I agree with most here. I have no issues with my 6700 what so ever. You simply have to learn all there is to know and when you think you have learned it all, there is more. You can actually do so much more with this phone than you can with a Chocolate or Razr. If NOTHING ELSE, I appreciate being able to use my keyboard once for whatever letter I want instead of using a regular phone and having ti hit the number 7 hour times to get to the letter S (which is a popular letter). Ringtones arent an issue to create, store or use. Why you are wanting to put them on your card is beyond me. Everyone told you that you were going to see issues when doing that because of the way the card reader goes to 'sleep' and the time it takes to 'wake up' when getting an inbound call. As for them being low volume, again, you just have to know how to edit and modify your ringtones. Mine are super loud and I am sometimes embarrassed by the loudness when I am out and in public. I cant overclock a regular phone. I cant use it for email or remote access my network. I cant do a lot of thing with a regular phone that you can do with these. And more importantly, I refuse to pay over 250-300 for any phone. I dont care how new it is. You just have to know how to look around the net and shop around. I got my 6700 for $100. The iPhone is nothing new. Sure it has a few good tricks to it but it is no better than the 6700 IMHO. My 6700 can do everything it can do and so much more.

Bottom line, you just have to learn your phone and how it works and what makes it work. You need to educate yourself on the things your carrier allows it to do and what YOU CAN MAKE IT DO with minute modifications. Get it set up how you want it and I bet you would be very happy with it.
    Currently using a rooted Droid X

i never knew all that but to start off with how do you make your ringtones loud and clear because my ringtone you barely can hear it ring when im in the kitchen or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by hardhead7_504 View Post
    i never knew all that but to start off with how do you make your ringtones loud and clear because my ringtone you barely can hear it ring when im in the kitchen or whatever
    You can use Wavpad located here.

Sound editing functions include cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silence, autotrim and more.
    Audio effects include, amplify, normalize, equaliser, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse, sample rate conversion and more.
    Supports a number of file formats including wav (multiple codecs), mp3, vox, gsm, real audio, au, aif, flac, ogg and many more.
    Batch processing supports up to 32000 files allowing you to apply effects and/or convert your files as a single function.
    Tools include spectral analysis (FFT) and speech synthesis (text-to-speech).
    Recorder supports autotrim and voice activated recording and more.
    Audio restoration features including noise reduction and click pop removal.
    Supports sample rates from 6000 to 96000Hz, stereo or mono, 8, 16, 24 or 32 bits.
    Includes its own CD ripper with 'ultrafast 'rip mode and cddb music database lookup.
    Works directly with MixPad multi-track audio mixing software.
    Links directly to the Express Burn CD Recorder to burn your sound files to CD.
    Easy to use interface will get you started editing in just minutes.
    Currently using a rooted Droid X

i try that 1 before its kind of confusing i been using audacity