+ Reply to Thread

Does anyone at Sprint know what they're doing?

I'm so frustrated with the Sprint CSR's right now. Am I just spoiled from having been with Verizon for so many years or is Sprint actually really bad at customer service?

My problem is that I have no link to view my bills online. The first time I called, the CSR kept telling me that the link is there until she logged on with my account and saw that it wasn't. She basically called me a liar. Then, she tells me that it'll take some time for the link to show up.

Since it never happened, I called again. I get another CSR that says that it takes a few days after the first bill for the link to show up. Sounded fishy, but this on sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

This last CSR didn't even sound like he wanted to help at all. I just asked him to put a flag on my account. He basically told me to call again tomorrow. It was so bad that I could actually picture the guy rolling his eyes over the phone because I was taking up his time. What kind of CSR is that?

I don't like that I keep getting passed around when someone doesn't know the answer to something. They should try to find out for me. I shouldn't have to keep getting put on hold because these people don't want to do their jobs. The same thing happened when I couldn't get my number ported from Verizon. I am amazed that the service from such a large company is this poor. The pattern that I'm seeing is that I'll be told anything just to get me off the phone. They're not trying to fix my problem, they're trying to just get me off the phone.

Am I just unlucky with the people that I talk to or is everyone else having the same types of problems with the sprint CSR's? Sorry about the rant, but I'm seriously considering just paying the early termination penalty to go back to Verizon.
    Current: Sprint Mogul, NEC Mobilepro 790
    Previous: Various HPC, Psion Series 5, Various PPC, Variouis Palm, Varioius Clie, Sharp Zaurus sl-5000

if you are a brand new customer, you can't see your bill until like your billing period ends + a few days for sprint to post it. RELAX. I only called sprint customer service 3 or 4 times when I first signed up. If you need something email ecare. They are generally more competent. Or if you are going bananas, call retentions.

Lot's of confusion at Sprint right now because there are two systems. Ensemble is the new one, I forget the old one.

If you login with your phone # then it's the old system and eb3604's reply is probably is all you have todo.

If it's the new system you can create an account and then just add the phone. Once you add the phone stuff will appear over the next day or two (like usage etc.).

One thing with sprint that I have learned is DON'T call in the evening or weekends. Folks in india or where ever they are are useless (even though very polite). Call during normal business hours. The wait will be longer but usually they can resolve your problem.

Since getting on SERO, the waits using the SERO # numbers are NIL and folks seem very sharp. Like a whole new company.

This is my second bill, so the link should definitely be there by now. This is already the 3rd time calling about this issue (the first 2 times were from the last bill). I guess I'll call again tomorrow to see if I can get someone that knows what they're talking about. I'm really not looking forward to it, though.
    Previous: Various HPC, Psion Series 5, Various PPC, Variouis Palm, Varioius Clie, Sharp Zaurus sl-5000

Quote Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
    Lot's of confusion at Sprint right now because there are two systems. Ensemble is the new one, I forget the old one.

If you login with your phone # then it's the old system and eb3604's reply is probably is all you have todo.

If it's the new system you can create an account and then just add the phone. Once you add the phone stuff will appear over the next day or two (like usage etc.).

One thing with sprint that I have learned is DON'T call in the evening or weekends. Folks in india or where ever they are are useless (even though very polite). Call during normal business hours. The wait will be longer but usually they can resolve your problem.

Since getting on SERO, the waits using the SERO # numbers are NIL and folks seem very sharp. Like a whole new company.

from your description, seems like I'm using the new system. I have my phone and usage links under the "phone & plan" tab under "my sprint". I just don't have a link to view my bill. The "my content" tab doesn't work. It never worked. It just says "Application error. We regret this inconvenience. Please try again later"

Maybe I'll have a better experience with sprint tomorrow. I'm just getting really tired of waiting on hold to talk to one more person that just wants to pass me off to someone else.

I had some issues at the start because I had two phones and I could not get both under the same account (it would knock one phone out every time I added the other).

So finally I got on the system and created a new account and added both phones. And oddly enough it fixed both accounts.

Try creating a new account (you can create all the accounts you want).

Then add your phone (it sends a code to your phone to verify you have the phone in hand).

That might fix it.

Sprint has the worst customer service, bar none. It doesn't matter if you're on Sero or not. I've spent countless hours on the phone getting all kinds of things straightened out that they got wrong. It's stabilizing quite a bit now that over 2 months has passed since I first signed up with them. I hope you get the website issues straightened out. As eb3604 mentioned, email ecare instead of dealing with the CS over the phone. If you must use the phone, and your next conversation is equally futile, tell them you want to cancel your membership. Retentions has a knowledgable staff and can actually get something accomplished.

If your on Sero and use the correct phoine #'s it's night and day.

I have zero complaints.

short answer to the thread title, no

i moved over to a BB about a month ago on SERO and got into ensemble and a voice only plan with bb data, this is where the problems started. they switched me over from p2k the old billing system and screwed up my sero but that got worked out i got it back.

then i decided bb wasnt for me and went back to my mogul. so i called and said very simply put me back on normal sero with powervision from voice only, problems couldnt get it. so she credited me vision usage and i said ok same thing. mind you i lost my unlimited included texts twice now in this process. finally now am back on regular sero and got that worked out and my unlimited texts are gone again!

i dunno how hard a concept it is.....unlimited texts is included with my plan!! ive now had to have it re-added three times going on 4 in 5 weeks

a whole month getting it straight again

What is the special SERO helpline number?

Quote Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
    If your on Sero and use the correct phoine #'s it's night and day.

I have zero complaints.
    Agreed. The SERO phone number and contact process is well documented in a couple of the SERO wiki's on the net, problem is folks are too lazy to search or read.

Bottom line: Yes, Sprint customer service in general is messed up when compared to VzW (I was a VzW customer for close to a decade). If you need your hand held or have zero tolerance for "issues" then stick with VzW. If you want the best pricing and technology, stick with Sprint.

The problem in my opinion is that cs in general is getting worse it does't matter who you are calling or for what. I probably sound like some old fogie but I am only 38 and in the last ten years or so i feel there has been a drastic decrease in qaulity customer service every where

Quote Originally Posted by Tonychris View Post
    Agreed. The SERO phone number and contact process is well documented in a couple of the SERO wiki's on the net, problem is folks are too lazy to search or read.

Bottom line: Yes, Sprint customer service in general is messed up when compared to VzW (I was a VzW customer for close to a decade). If you need your hand held or have zero tolerance for "issues" then stick with VzW. If you want the best pricing and technology, stick with Sprint.

I don't know if anyone here is saying that they want their hand held. Something like porting my number is not something that I could do on my end. I was passed around to multiple reps and had to wait 20+ minutes on hold each time (I was on hold for a total of over 2 hours). Each rep gave a different excuse for why they had to transfer my call. When they told me that my number was finally ported, I lost service on my phone. Again, this isn't something that I could fix on my end.

I'm not complaining about service that isn't on par with Verizon. I'm complaining about a total lack of service and knowledge from the Sprint reps that I've dealt with so far. It seems that they're more interested in passing the problem on to somebody else rather than solving the issue. Honestly, the more I think about it, the pricing is just too good to go back to vzw, but the customer service is BY FAR the worst I've ever seen. This is probably the last thing I'd have to call about unless they screw up my billing or service somehow, but I really dread having to deal with these guys.