+ Reply to Thread

Forget the i760 - where is the SGH-i780 forum?

Wasn't sure where this belonged, but I figured I'd drop it in the highest i7x0 forum I could find
    Samsung shows i780 with Windows Mobile 6, possible BlackJack 2? - Engadget Mobile

It says "Smartphone", but it also says (and that definitely is) WM 6 Professional.

Considering it's a GSM phone, I'd start with a GSM i7X0 forum...
    Looking forward to http://www.whoneedsaniphone.com/ talk about the best of both worlds...

Its had more of a Smartphone screen size, but if I remember correctly it said it was touchscreen. I forgot about the SCH-i760 when I realized it wasn't the SGh-i760 form factor anyways. I could be wrong because I don't know much about Treos, but this actually looks possibly like a good competitor to them.
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

Uhhh... Why is this even here? Yes I understand the OP's reasoning for posting here. But it's GSM & European at that. Maybe some other Sammy model will appear 'sometime' that'll use the same screen size that we can use here (whether GSM or CDMA), but imho, this isn't even relevant. Just my 2 cents.

Edit (Now that I see the OT's reply below): Why? Because I saw the OT's post, then went & read about that new Sammy phone. I thought I'd add to the info saying it was GSM & for Europe, as well as ask 'why'. I also thought about reporting to the Mods, but I think that 'reserved' for offensive / highly irrelevant stuff and this certainly wasn't. I actually did also think that if the Mods did decide to move this, they'd do without my needing to ask. So much for my reasoning. But, oh well. I'm done replying. Back to reading elsewhere.
    Last edited by DWIM; 09-23-2007 at 04:56 AM.
    John

I don't understand why people feel the need to take the time to post replies like this. If you have a problem with it, report it to the moderator and ask them to move it. However, there is no generic "GSM i7x0" forum, so here it is.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Looks like a Moto Q to me.

Different OS, though.

Talking Resistance is futile...

[QUOTE=DWIM;660419]Uhhh... Why is this even here? Yes I understand the OP's reasoning for posting here. But it's GSM...QUOTE]

Check this out:
    Verizon adopts GSM standard for 4G network, CDMA limelight fading? | The Boy Genius Report

Sounds like Vzn and Sprint both will be joining the GSM world...all of us remaining CDMA folks may want to stop thinking EV-DO and start thinking GSM, UMTS, 3G, HSDPA and HSUPA.
    T
    E
    C