Poll: Is Verizon out of the pda-phone biz by default?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread

It's official. Verizon out of the pda phone biz!

The obsolete, and not even released yet, i760 and 6800 look pretty foolish now.

Check out the new Titan II for AT&T on phonearena.com. Lightyears ahead of anything Verizon is scheduled to release! Brilliant phone.

Will Verizon rush to play catch-up or throw in the towel on the pda phone market?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Here in USA (if you are in USA), Verizon is finally going to bring out a new phone that is iPhone killer. It's called Voyager (spelling?) by LG.

I know it's not really consider as a PDA. Even on AT&T website, they put iPhone in it's own category.

So they definitely not out.
    T-Mobile's Smart Phones Comparison Chart UPDATED! 10-13-07 v5.0.1 http://www.geocities.com/sk3vsbb8100/

whoa.... titan 2

considering that PDA phones are a requirement for most business accounts and many power users who have personal accounts, verizon wont 'throw in' any towels, but i doubt that verizon will change significantly with their habit of slowly releasing PDA phones.

I don't know the future but I think Verizon will continue being Verizon, come out with non innovative and or absolete Pocket PCs, at snail pace for high prices..while At&t and others feel the kick in their butt by the upcoming google phone open source philosophy..
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

As a loyal Verizon customer, I do admit they are a little slow to bring out a great phone. I jumped at the chance when the XV6700 came out (I actually got it a little before it was released).

But even before that, they were behind when it came to "advanced/newest technology phones".

I think Verizon has been focusing a little excessively on the 'phone/mp3 player" market.

After being with Verizon now for about a year, I think the problem tends to be that they are on CDMA whereas all the 'cool' phones are on the GSM networks. (rest of the world)
    What a pain since I switched to Verizon because of the network from Cincgular/AT&T.

Smile verizon is on the mark!

I Love the fact that verizon does not just carry a phone because it's new to the market. There has been so much crap out there over the last few years. I feel that verizon is doing there customers a great service by testing thier products. Rather than sell before testing and selling gabage that someone is going to return in a couple weeks.

I am not sure about that. As one poster had mentioned, look at all the mp3/phones out there. Look at the way Sprint released the Mogul long before Verizon released the 6800. What was the delay for? If you look at how Verizon markets itself with its "network", why wouldn't they have a little more than the i760 and 6800?
    As a former Dell Axim X50v owner, I got tired of carrying my pda and a phone. I loved what the Axim (VGA screen, 612mhz) provided back in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by husker1 View Post
    I am not sure about that. As one poster had mentioned, look at all the mp3/phones out there. Look at the way Sprint released the Mogul long before Verizon released the 6800. What was the delay for? If you look at how Verizon markets itself with its "network", why wouldn't they have a little more than the i760 and 6800?
    As a former Dell Axim X50v owner, I got tired of carrying my pda and a phone. I loved what the Axim (VGA screen, 612mhz) provided back in 2004.

Agreeeed!

Again, I am a very loyal Verizon customer, and I won't switch, but I think its absolute CRAP that Verizon has been BS'ing us customers for years saying they won't release phones until they are thoroughly tested.

Like stated before, sprint came out with the 6800 long before Verizon, and they now have the HTC Touch (a few of my customers already have them, and I've played with the phone).

This isn't anything new with Verizon, they have been very slow to release phones for a long time, and it seems they will continue this way. I mean seriously, my friend has AT&T, and got the TYTN II months ago. WTF Verizon?! Okay, I'm done venting.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    My i760 will be the last phone I buy from VZW.
    When the next version of the iphone is released I will be moving over to it and it's cell service provider.

The wait for the i760 was too long and VZW is just full of $hit......

Sad to say, but the "network" seems satisfied with the status quo. They should provide a little more choice; although I do think this probably has something to do with CDMA vs. GSM.