+ Reply to Thread
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Harry Reid / Limbaugh Smear Letter

You can't make this stuff up. I hope this doesn't turn into a political debate, but a situation happened last week where Harry Reid and a bunch of Democrat senators (Hillary included), signed a letter sent to the CEO of Clear Channels, the syndicator of Rush's radio program, asking that he step in and take action against Limbaugh. The letter puts forth the notion that Rush characterized all solidiers that made critical comments about the war as "phoney soldiers". In fact, Rush's comments were about a specific Marine that had made up a bunch of stories about attrocities that went on in Iraq, when in fact he had never served in Iraq... and further the guy is now in jail for fraud against the VA. So, he was correctly classified this guy, and other soldiers that make false statements to try and bash the military.

So Rush got the letter and is auctioning it off on Ebay, complete with the signatures of 41 senators. He is giving the proceeds to an organization he is on the Board of called the Marine Corps - Law Enforcement Foundation that encourages the spiritual, moral, and intellectual development of children through education. He is also calling for Senator Reid to match whatever is raised.

You can place your bid here... Original Harry Reid/Rush Limbaugh Smear Letter - (eBay item 260170172469 end time Oct-19-07 10:00:00 PDT)
    Mike - Been Converged?

Little out of my price range, but ...... Ah, I leave the political comments out of it. I'll let my vote do my talking!
    Jeremiah 29:11

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Good idea!
    Mike - Been Converged?