Closed Thread

Would this work?

I have insurance on my 6800 through alltel and can file a max of 2 insurance claims a year for a new phone. I never have broken a phone, so I was curious could I file a claim saying my phone is water damaged and pay the 99$ detuctable and get a new one. Then sell that new one on ebay? Could this work?

This is neither legal nor practical. If you said it was water damaged they might want to look at it, take it, or have you send it in. If you said it was stolen they wouldn't need that but they would probably blacklist it's ESN or whatever. Then when the person who bought it on ebay tried to register it, they would say it was stolen and it would all come back to you somehow.

No, they ask for the damaged phone back or you get charged the retail price.

--James

Might I also remind you that the point of phone insurance isn't to make money!

But storini03 is right, I have used insurance with Verizion and I had to send the broken i700 back within a couple of days or get charged. But after I got my new phone I soon upgraded to the XV-6700 and sold the i700 for a good amount on eBay (being practically new and all).

this forum probably isn't the best place for those seeking advice on how to commit insurance fraud.

Administrator
    agreed and this thread should end right here. the reason this insurance has gone up over the years is mostly due to people committing fraud.